26th Chapter

The next day, Murad invited us all to his room. We all had to dress in black and wear black for the next three days because of the prince's death. Kosem came full of dark circles. She was very pale. She watched Murad in shock and hate. I stood between Ayse and Ismihan. I didn't bring my kids because they were still too young to understand what had happened.

 I didn't bring my kids because they were still too young to understand what had happened

I saw Gevherhan very sad. I wanted to comfort her, but I knew when Murad said who she was going to marry, she'd be worse off. All the Sultanas were extremely sad. The last one to came was Fatma and stopped after Ismihan.

Murad came into the room to look at all of us. Kosem didn't even bow to him, she watched him full of hate. Atike and Gevherhan couldn't stop crying. Ayse, Fatma, Ismihan and I were restrained. I didn't want to interfere with Murad's decisions, but the person who should have been punished was Kosem. Not Ibrahim.

- I made an important decision today that will concern some of you. - said Murad in a calm tone.
- It's time to marry Atike and Gevherhan. I've chosen the husbands your mother has arranged before and brought me to the end of the rank. - he said looking at his Valide without any respect. In Gevherhan awoke the hope that Kosem would advocate for her marriage to Silahtar. I saw happiness in her eyes.

- Atike, Valide has already arranged your marriage to Silahtar. Gevherhan, you will marry Kemankes Mustafa-pasha. - said Murad, who saw grief in Gevherhana's eyes.

Atike was thrilled. At the mention of Kemankes, Kosem looked at Murad angrily. Kemankes was Kosem's faithful servant and I was intrigued as to why she was so alarmed when she heard that her daughter was going to marry him.

Atike and Gevherhan had to kiss Murad's shug. Atike was overjoyed, while Gevherhan faded. On her face, we could all see how disappointed she was. I was very moved by Kosem, who was in a strange mood at the mention of Kemankes.

- Will you at least tell us why you killed my son Ibrahim? - Kosem told him cheekily. She looked at him without any emotion.
- And you'll pay a fine for wanting to put him on the throne too, Valide. - Murad responded cheeky.

- The wedding's going to take place next week. - Murad said carelessly without being touched by Kosema's words. He acted like she wasn't there. Gevherhan was very broken. When we were leaving Murad's room, I went after her in her room.

- Guard, leave us alone. - I told her maids. She sat on her sofa and immediately started crying. I sat next to her and tried to comfort her.

- Gevherhan, I talked to Murad about it. But your Valide decided long time ago on Silahtar and Atike's marriage. She insisted on that. - I told and took Gevherhan's hands in mine.

- Why would my Valide do that? She knows I love him! - Gevherhan said while she was crying. I was so sad of Gevherhan. Firstly, Murad killed her husband. Then he killed Kasim and Ibrahim and that made her really depressed. Now she can't be with a man she loves because of her mother's ambitions.