9th Chapter

The continuation of the last chapter.

I was very upset about Ismihan Sultan. I saw disappointment in her eyes.

- But, Sultana. I'm not with your father because I want attention and power. I truly love him with all my heart. - I told her she knelt in front of her. Tears went down my eyes.

- Any woman would say that if I were you, i don't trust you anymore. - Ismihan replied, not even looking at me. She didn't want to look at me.

- Sultana. Is it my sin to feel love? - I told her as the tears went down my face. Ismhan didn't say anything, she just moved her head away from me.

- Is it a sin that I've felt love for the first time in my life? I didn't want to talk about my love and I tried to stop the love because I didn't want to hurt you. - I told her in tears. At that moment, she looked at me. She looked insensitive.

- It must have been more important for you not to hurt me than to sleep with the Master. - she said sarcastically. I felt really bad. All the women in the harem could have been against me, but I didn't want Ismihan Sultana to hate me. I was very hurt by it all.

- When I first got off the boat in Istanbul, he was right next to me. Right after talking to him, I fell in love with him. I've never felt anything like it for a man. I don't care about his title or his position. The only thing I want in this life is love. The first time I turned Sultan Murad down in his mind, because I didn't want you to be hurt. - I said and looked at the floor. Tears were in my eyes.

- Why didn't you tell me about it right away? - She asked me, Ismhan. It was the first time she looked at me again.

- I tried to tell you yesterday, but all you were saying was that you were going to destroy the woman who went to him. I was scared. - I told her i looked at her.

- Next time we'll talk, I can't hear any more on this subject. - Ismihan said sadly and signaled me to leave her chambers.

I went to sleep that night. For the next few weeks nothing special happened in harem. Sultan Murad was busy because of state problems, I barely could see him. I went to spend night with him few more times. Ayse and Farya Sultan found out about my relationship with Sultan, and they were really angry at me.

I heard gossips in the palace that for the first time in years, Ayse and Farya became good. They had one reason - they had the same enemy. And that enemy was me. In meanwhile, Kosem Sultan really appericated how I am making Murad happy. She treated me well because of it. I acted nice towards her, but I knew she will soonly find new concubines which she will send to her beloved son.

Kosem Sultan wasn't in good relations with neither Ayse nor Farya. She loved them both when they came first time to the Palace, especially Ayse. Kosem was supporting Ayse for years, because she gave a birth to the eldest son of Sultan. When Farya came, Kosem started to hate her because Murad had a wedding with her. She didn't want that to happen, even if she was also married to Sultan Ahmed. When Farya married with Murad, Ayse fell in depression. She tried to poison her and her children, but thankfully, the poison didn't work. Kosem Sultan hated her from that moment because she tried to kill the children of the Ottoman Dynasty.

In those few weeks I learned a lot about things in harem and how they work. Haci-aga and Lalezar Kalfa taught me of everything. Besides Ayse and Farya, woman which also couldn't stand me was Atike Sultana. I have never done anything to her, but she has been bitchy to me. There was no particular reason why. I guess it is because she supported Ayse Sultan.

Atike always tried to arrange Ayse to go to Murad, but he always refused it. He was angry at Ayse because she took more care of his son Ahmed, only because of his gender. Ayse was never good to Ismihan, she didn't even care about her.