47th Chapter

Murad's health was the same for next days. He wasn't any better or worser. I've spent every night with him in his chambers taking care of him.

Every night I went to sleep I didn't know if I will woke up with Murad being alive or dead. I wanted to spend his last moments together with him.

I hoped I could at least make him suffer less and make him happy in his last days. I didn't want to accept that soon I will lose my man. I couldn't accept that.

I was really furious at Handan for her acts. I was sure she has her hands in murdering of Şehzade Ahmed, but I couldn't meet with her in those days.

I've sent my maids to her Palace to take care of her so she couldn't do anything like this.

No one knew about it, and I was really sad about Ismihan not knowing it. Ismihan lived in Edirne Palace together with her husband Kasim-paşa.

I've sent letters to Ismihan to tell her about the situation of her father, but I didn't get any response from her.

I was worried if she even recieved those messages from me.

That morning I woke up really early. Murad was still asleep so I let him sleep more. Somebody knocked on the doors and came in when I gave the approval.

Haci-aga came into Murad's chambers and came closer to me.

- Hoşyar Sultana, Kemankeş-paşa needs to see you. He said its emergency. - Haci told me and I've got up from bed and left the chambers instantly.

I went as fast as I could to the Gardens where Kemankeş awaited for me. He was standing there nervously and I could see the situation is bad.

- Kemankeş, what happened? - I asked him.

- Sultana, I am sad that I am bringing those news now, but its emergency. Şehzade Ahmed didn't die. He is alive and he got janissaries and he is ready to come to Palace. - Kemankeş told me. With every his word I've felt more and more afraid.

- What? How is that possible? Few days ago Haci told me that Ahmed is dead and that Suleyman is sick. - I said to Kemankeş while I was shocked by what I have heard.

- Unfornatley, that's not the truth. Somebody sent wrong letters to the Palace. Letters you have been sending to Ismihan Sultana didn't even go to Edirne, somebody took them all and sent in Amasya to Prince Ahmed. Prince Suleyman is very well but he doesn't even know about the situation of his father. - Kemankeş told me.

- Of course he doesn't know when even Atike doesn't know about it. So, now Ahmed is coming to Palace to possibly take the throne after Murad's death? - I asked Kemankeş.

- Yes, and Sultana, I promise you. I will gather all janissaries to be here by your side. We will all protect you and your children, but we are in problem. Şehzade Iskender is not in Istanbul, he is in Sanjak. You either need to take him to Istanbul emergently, or use another son as a heir to the throne. - Kemankeş told me.

- Kemankeş, call Iskender to come to Istanbul as soon as possible. I need him here by the end of the week. He is lot closer than both Suleyman and Ahmed. He needs to come here first. - I said to him while I was really afraid what is going to happen.

- Sultana, at least you should prepare one of your sons for the all possibilities. You choose between Şehzades Bayezid, Mahmud, Mehmed and Mustafa which one would you like to put as heir to the throne we will stand with before Şehzade Iskender returns. - Kemankeş told me which broke my heart to decide between one of my sons to be heir to the throne. I knew that will only put them to the risk and will make anger in their father. But since Murad was in his last days, I had no other option.

I know making one of my sons being defended by the janissaries will make them in big risk. But I couldn't let Ahmed, Suleyman or even Selim becoming one of the future Sultans because that would mean danger to my sons. And I had five sons.

Since I've become mother, I gave my biggest hope in Iskender. He was my first bornt son and I gave everything to make him good schooled and have best teachers in the world. Of course I did the same to my other sons, but they were preparing Iskender for becoming Sultan one day.

- I will tell you about my decision later, but I need you to bring Iskender safely and healthy to Istanbul. - I told Kemankeş and returned to Murad's chambers.

I've sat on his terrace looking at the Bosphorus and listening to the song of the birds. This place was the most beautiful in whole Istanbul. To me, it was most beautiful place in the whole world.

My five sons were my everything, together with my daughters and Ismihan which I looked at as my daughter also.

I had to think of all the possibilities that will come to us very soon, even before anyone of us could think about.

Ismihan was always here for me, but in supporting Iskender on the throne she will never be. At least until Ahmed is still alive.

Ahmed was twin brother of Ismihan and they got along really well, but Ismihan was never good with her mother Ayse. Ayse was banished from the Palace and now she enjoyed life in Amasya Sanjak with her son.

As Ahmed was eldest son, whole nation looked at him like the future Sultan and heir to the throne with biggest chances.

Ahmed was very impulsive man. He had lot of anger issues and that's why he reminded me of Murad a lot. They didn't get along really a lot, because Murad was always angry on Ahmed*s behaviour towards his brothers.

Since they were young, Ahmed and Suleyman fought about who will become the next Sultan. Murad was really disappointed by their acts, but it was all because of their mother's ambitious.

I could say that Ayse actually made Ahmed bad. She was always making bad decisions and thats why Ahmed suffered. Knowing there is big possibility of Ahmed becoming the future Sultan, and Ayse becoming Valide Sultan would mean only bad to me and my children.

If he would become Sultan one day, I know I would be killed first, because Ayse never could stand me. She was jealous of mine and Murad's love. And after me, my children would be locked in Kafes with out any rights, and there they would lose their mind like last Mustafa and Ibrahim. I would never let someone do that to my children.

If Ahmed wouldn't ascend the throne, then it would be Suleyman. Suleyman was very similiar to Ahmed and Murad. But I've never had anything against him. I've always felt sorry for him because he lost his mother at young age. At his mother, Farya's death, I promised I will take care of Suleyman. And that is the only promise in my life that I couldn't do. Not because I didn't want to, but because Atike never gave me to do it.

As Atike didn't have any children, she literally adopted Suleyman as her own son and took care of him. Atike was my biggest enemy still. She was ready to do whatever is needed to make me and my children suffer.

The only left prince, that wasn't my son, was Selim. Selim's mother was killed while he was a baby because she ordered poisoning of my son, Osman. My angel which I lost while he was still a baby.

Selim was unlike Suleyman and Ahmed, he was very calm and only thing he was interested was art and poetry. He had no one to support him. He didn't have anyone's love, like Atike gave love to Suleyman.

And then, my five heroes. My lions. My sons. My Iskender, Bayezid, Mahmud, Mustafa and Mehmed. They were each story for itself. All were from the same mother, but they all had different interests and wishes.

I was really proud on my son Iskender. He rulled over his Sanjak very well and he got a lot of respect from everyone there. He was very intelligent. He wrote the most beautiful poems I have ever seen. Every month he sent me few of them to show his apperication to me. I was really close with him and he was my biggest hope.

I knew I had to do something, and I will even give my life for it. I will do whatever is needed to put one of my sons to the throne, because if someone other comes to the throne, my sons won't have bright future, and that was the only thing I wanted in their life.

I will do whatever is needed. I don't care if blood will be spilled, but I won't let my sons suffer.