50th Chapter

- Sultan Murad called you to his chambers. - Haci-aga told me.

My heart was broken at million pieces after I found out Iskender died. I wasn't even able to see him or kiss him for the last time.

I've never felt this kind of pain inside my heart. My son in which I putted most of my effort and hopes. My son which I thought one day would became the Ottoman Sultan.

I couldn't help myself anymore, I was tired from crying and pain in my heart, which I knew never would stop.

But I had to act normal, at least in front of Murad. He didn't deserve to feel such a pain in his last days. I removed tears from my eyes and went to his chambers.

I opened the doors of his chambers and I couldn't see him in his chambers. I went to the terrace and saw him sitting on the couch. He looked so weak, like he never did before. I knew his end is very soon, and that made me hurt even more.

- My Rachela, come, sit next to me. - he told me and showed me to sit on the couch next to him. Him calling me Rachela touched me in heart. For almost twenty years how long I am in this harem, no one called me like that. I was used on name Hoşyar.

I came and I sat next to him. He took my hand in his hand and took it strongly.

- I know everything what happened. - he said and looked at the Bosphorus. The day was so shiny and birds were singing their song. His words afraided me at that moment.

- What everything? - I asked him as I wanted to act normal. He shouldn't suffer any more from pain now. His liver pain was too much for him, so he didn't deserve pain in his heart.

- I know you and Handan poisoned Atike. I know you ordered death of Ahmed and Suleyman. I know Ayse ordered death of Iskender. I know you locked Selim in Harem so he couldn't go out and fight for the throne. - he said as he looked at me really seriously. I felt so afraid of him now. How could he find it out all? Who would tell him that?

- Murad... - I just tried to say something, but I didn't know what to say. Whatever I would say would only make the things worse, and I didn't want to make things even worser than this.

- Do you remember when we met for the first time? - he asked me like nothing he said before happened.

- I do. - I said to him as my eyes were filled with tears.

- I killed your father then. I've took you someone who is very important for you. Did you forgive me about that? - he looked at me with his big brown eyes. Only a thought about my past and my father hurted me even more.

- I forgot you that. - I said that to him, because I truly did. I loved him.

- Why did you forgive me that? - he asked me seriously.

- Because I loved you so much. And I still love you so much. - I looked at him very scared of him.

- That is the reason I am forgiving you too. - he said giving me a small smile, which confused me and shocked me.

- You did bad things, but I did them also. Since I took you to Harem, many bad things happened to you. Everyone was against you, Ayse, Fahriye, Kosem, Atike, Fatma, Silahtar. Everyone was against you, but you still did it all. You were stronger than each one of them. - he said looking at my eyes.

- I was stronger than them all because you were by my side. - I said to him as my eyes were filled with tears which started going down my eyes. I couldn't help myself but cry in this moment.

- And now you will lose me. God decided my end is now. I want you to be strong for our children now. I want you to lead them on good way. - Murad said to me which made me cry even more.

- Murad, please forgive me for my all bad things I did. I will feel guilt for my whole life. Only thing I wanted was to make sure my children will have bright future. I couldn't let my children suffer. - I said to him as I came closer and putted my head on his shoulder, like we used to sit while we were young.

- I am forgiving you everything, my love. I hope you are forgiving me everything bad I did to you. I knew I had other women beside you, but I never loved any of them the same way I love you. You made my life better. You improved me. Without you, I wouldn't be the same Murad. - he said to me. I couldn't stop myself from crying at his words now.

- I am forgiving you everything, Murad. - I said to him and kissed his lips softly.

- My Rachela Casanova. I kidnapped you from Venice, and took you to Istanbul. I brought you here and named you Hoşyar. You became mother of my nine children. - he said as he kissed my forehead.

- I know you will do whatever is important for our children to have bright future. I know you will lead them on good way. I leave you to take care of our children and the Ottoman state. I know you can handle that responsibility. - he said to me, and his each word was more and more silent.

- Murad, I can't do it without you. I can't live without you. My life doesn't have any sense without you. - I said as I kissed his lips for the last time.

- I believe in you Hoşyar, you can do it all yourself alone. I know you will do everything good, I know you will improve this state even the better than I did. Take care of children. You must know I loved you even more than I loved myself, you were my sun and my moon. You were my everything. And remember, I will always look at you from the sky taking care of you and of our children. - he said to me silently.

- Murad! - I said to him while I was crying.

- One day we will meet Hoşyar. And then we will be again happy together. I will be waiting for you. - he said to me and took his last breath.

At that moment, it just started flashing lightning. Thunder was heard. The rain started to fall like crazy.

I've lost my Murad. My beloved husband. My biggest motivation and my biggest inspiration. I've lost my husband which I loved more than I loved myself.

I've left his chambers and walked to Harem where my children were all gathered. Haci-aga followed me with Murad's Sultan sword.

I came in front of Bayezid together with Haci-aga. Haci went down on his knees in front of Bayezid and gave him the sword.

Bayezid took the sword from Haci's hands, and looked at me.

- From this day, you are Sultan of Ottoman Empire. May God bless you to rule this magnificent country well and may all your people love you. May God always help you on your way. - I said to him and looked at him proudly.

Bayezid kissed my hand. He was so happy. I gave a smile to all my other children to make them sure everything is fine.

I followed Bayezid on the main square where janissaries, spahis and his all loyal servants awaited for him.

" Attention! Her Imperial Majesty Valide Hoşyar Sultan Hazertleri!" Haci-aga yelled while we passed trough Harem.

The Gates of main square opened.
"Attention! His Imperial Majesty Sultan Bayezid Khan Hazretleri!" Main agha yelled as the doors opened and everyone bowed to new Sultan.