49th Chapter

- I don't want to chose between my sons so follow the tradition and let janissaries stand by Bayezid until Iskender return. We have to do whatever is possible to make one of my sons as succesor of the Ottoman Throne. - I said to Kemankeş-paşa and all the viziers that came to support me in Vakuf of Kosem Sultana.

 - I said to Kemankeş-paşa and all the viziers that came to support me in Vakuf of Kosem Sultana

I had no other place where to meet them so her Vakuf was the best possible place to do it. After her death, Murad allowed me to keep her Vakuf and help people. I loved to help people and give them whatever is necessary.

- Sultana, Şehzade Ahmed will arrive in Istanbul in few days, but for Şehzade Iskender it will take about a week. We cant risk it that much anymore. - Huseyin-paşa told to me. Even though I didn't know Huseyin for too long, he stood by my side and decided to help me to put one of my sons on the throne. Kemankeş-paşa has its full trust in him so I decided to trust him too.

- That is why you will get rid of Ahmed before he comes to Istanbul. I don't want him to even come to Istanbul. You will send your people and kill him. - I said to them not caring about what will happen after that. The blood must be spilled if I want bright future for my children.

I never meant before to hurt anyone, but life in this Palace learned me that without spilled blood nothing will happen in your favour. You could come to this Palace as an angel, but in meantime, you will become devil. Before or later, it is for sure that you will become devil. And it is all only to protect your children. Because to every mother, her children are most important. And every mother would risk even her life for lives of her children.

- Sultana, what will we do with Şehzades Suleyman and Selim? They are also huge threat to you, especially Şehzade Suleyman. - Huseyin-paşa said to me.

- We don't have to worry about Şehzade Suleyman anymore. Halil-paşa went to his Sanjak to tell him the news about his father, and there he will kill him. - I said as I raised my head in front of them.

- And what about Şehzade Selim? - Head of Janissaries asked me.

- Şehzade Selim has no one to support him. But I will for sure do whatever is possible that he stays in Harem during this time. While he is locked in harem, he can't even fight for the throne. - I said to them.

- How much time stayed to Sultan Murad? - Head of Janissaries asked me. Even though he was close with Murad, he had no another option than cooperate with me.

- About a week. I want this to stay silent while Murad is alive. He shouldn't know about this. I don't want to make him sad in his last days. - I told to them all and they all nodded me affirmatevly as they shared their opinion with me. Everyone respected Murad as Sultan and no one wanted to have problems with him.

- What will you do with Atike Sultana? She will want to revenge you. - Kemankeş-paşa asked me.

- I will get rid of Atike myself alone. - I said to them and smiled. After that, I left the Vakuf.