27th Chapter

A week has passed since Gevherhan Sultana died. The whole court suffered for her. The Sultana was the only honest and pure-hearted man in this court. She was the complete opposite of her mother and her sister, Atike. It was hard for me to watch it all. Murad was badly affected by his sister's death, but he was more than angry on his Valide. He locked himself in his room and wouldn't let anyone get into them for a week. It was hard for me to explain to Huricihan what happened when she wanted to visit her favourite aunt. Atike Sultana moved into her new palace with Silahtar, her husband. But Silahtar loved Gevherhan. He was hard hit by her death. He was disappointed in his marriage to Atike.

That day I sat in my chambers looking out for my triplets. At that moment, Lalezar Kalfa entered my room.

- Hoşyar Sultan, Kosem Sultana calls you to her room. - She told me. I was shocked by that call, since Kosem didn't love me. I was wondering what kind of plot she was planning to do now. I went straight to Kosem, and I left Gulcicek to look after my children.

I went in where Kosem was sitting on her couch.
- Sultana. - I told her and I bowed.
- Come on, Hosyar. - she told me insensitive and showed me to sit right next to her.

- There is no place in this court for two powerful Sultans. There can only be one. - she told me looking me in the eye. I didn't understand why he was telling me this at this point.

- Ayse is too weak to be a powerful Sultan, and Fatma doesn't have that potential. The only one who can be a strong Sultana is you. - She told me to give me a cold smile.

At that point, she looked at her emerald ring, which she had on her arm.

- This was the ring of Hurrem Sultan. He passed himself from generation to generation only to the powerful Sultans. After Hurrem, Nurbanu had him, then Safiye. And then I got it. - she said holding hands.
- It's the greatest fortune the Sultana can inherit. Not every Sultana can get him. Only one who can gain it with her power. - She said throwing me a smile.

- I lost my kids. Murad has caused me so much pain. First I lost Mehmed, then Osman. Murad took the life of Kasim and then Ibrahim. My Gevherhan committed suicide. Murad has caused me so much pain. All I have left is Atike, who will manage her own life. - she said in a very sad voice.
- I don't understand what you want from me. - I told her confusedly because I didn't understand the point of this talk.

- It's too late for us. But you, you will one day be the mighty Sultana. - she said and looked at the moment that was standing on the table.
- I've already delivered my verdict. Now, I'm giving this to you. - she said she took her emerald ring off her hand and gave it to me. I couldn't believe it.

- My life ended with drinking this glass

- My life ended with drinking this glass. - she said and looked at the glass that was standing empty on her desk. That's when it became clear to me, Kosem Sultana had poison. At one point, she started choking. I immediately called the agas and kalfas to come help. The doctor came very quickly, but there was no more help for Kosem. Her lifeless body lay on the couch in her chambers.