19th Chapter

I've decided to visit Kosem Sultan in prison. I've been thinking about what she's doing right now. The most powerful Sultana in the history of the Ottoman Empire, now imprisoned in prison.

I've heard many times about the life of Sultana Kosem. She came as a slave from Greece and fell in love with Sultan Ahmed. She became the mother of his eight children, four princes and four Sultanas. She ruled alongside Ahmed, and after his death she had the greatest influence on all. She was regent to Murad when he was young.

The people loved Sultana. She's always done charity work. She helped the poor and those in poverty. All people celebrated her and shouted her name with pride. But her biggest problems were within her family.

Sultana Kosem loved power very much. It was known to have a major impact on the viziers and soldiers. Murad always feared Kosem's presence. He knew that in the blink of an eye she could depose him from the throne, and easily find a replacement for him. He always suspected she would set up his sick brother Ibrahim, but he didn't expect Kosem to turn to his son Suleiman.

I was walking into her dungeon. Everything was dark and black. I've seen a woman in her senior years, but she's still holding up great. In a sumptuous blue dress that sat to the floor, and a diamond-covered crown that accentuated her power. Sultana sitting on the cold floor, while next to her is just a piece of bread and a glass of water. This situation has not been an opportunity for any Sultana, especially not Valide Sultana.

- Hoşyar, what are you doing here? - she asked me cold. I looked at her through the bars of her dungeon. I've seen her still hold high, no matter what's in here.

- I'm here to see how you're doing, Sultana. - I told her. She just laughed sarcastically and looked at me.
- You think I don't know you have your fingers in this? - She told me very proudly with her head raised. She got up and reached for the bars that divided us.

- I had nothing to do with this. I couldn't believe it when I heard. - I told her trying to look innocent.
- What do you want from me? - she asked me to deflect from the subject. She didn't even look at me in the eye.

- I wonder if you're so cold-blooded as to kill your son? Your blood? Just for the sake of the authorities. Would you be able to do that? - I asked her and raised my head.
- Don't raise your head in front of me, I'm Valide Sultana. - she said while yelling on me.

- Don't forget I'm off the grid while you're still in there. I'm the only one who can help you. - I told her with a smile, but it was a evil smile.

- I would never ask for help from a slave. - Kosem said proudly and turned her back on me.
- You just decided your fate. - I told her with a smile.
- What fate? - Kosem turned around and asked me anxiously, but hiding her feelings.

- You made your own decision, Sultana. - I told her with a smile.

- Hoşyar. I'm going to get out of here, and then I'm going to get back at you. - she told me very furiously

- I just wanted to make a deal with you, i'd get the Sultan to get you out of here, if you'd do me a favor. - I told her with a smile.

- I'll never do business with slaves. - she told me and came back to sit on the floor.
- Don't forget, you were a slave one day. - I told her proudly. I saw that I hit her in the weak spot. I just bowed slightly to her one more time and left the dungeon.

The next day, I decided to visit Murad. It was Thursday, and I wanted to spend time with him and the kids. I took Hurihan, Safiye and Handan with me and headed to Murad's quarters. That's where I saw the hasodabasa standing.

- What good, Hoşyar Hatun? - he asked me arrogantly.
- We're here to see the Sultan. - I told him with a smile.
- The Sultan is with his harem. - he said smile in my face. I was left stunned at that moment. With his harem?

I remembered how I took the family Thursday to Sultanas Ayse and Farya. I shouldn't have let anyone do this to me, even though it might have been too late for that.

- Who's in there? - I asked hasodabas angrily.
- Atike Sultan gave Sultan a slave from Russia. Her name is Alexandra. - hasodabasa told me mockingly.

- Inform the Sultan I'm here with his daughters. - I told him and raised my head over him.
- Hatun, go to your room. - Hasodabasa yelled at me and my children. Suddenly my daughter Huricihan burst into tears.

- I want to see my dad. - she said crying. I felt so incompetent because I couldn't comfort my daughter at that moment. How do I tell a three-year-old child that her father is with another woman?

At that moment, I saw a young blonde slave coming out of the Sultan's quarters. She looked at me very angry and disappointed.

- It's your fault my night was ruined. - She said in such an angry tone, I'll remember it forever. I made myself an enemy, but this time not on purpose.

We've entered Murad's room. I felt a little uncomfortable because last out threatened me never to get into his room again. Huricihan crumed to his arms and he was very happy to see her.

- Father, they wouldn't let us see you. - she said Hurihan in tears. Murad picked it up and wore it.
- Who didn't give it to you? - Murad asked Hurrcahan.
- It's hasodabasa. He said you were with another woman. - she said and started crying. I felt really guilty about it all.
- Now I'm here with you, my sun, don't cry anymore. - said Murat and wiped tears from her face and eyes.

We sat on Murad's sofa. He put Safiye and Handan in little gilded cribs, and Huricihan sat between us.

- I'm sorry we worked with you like this, but I didn't expect you to have concubines on you on Thursday. - I told him even though I wasn't sorry at all. I made a sacrifice of myself and pretended I wasn't jealous, even though I was burning with jealousy.

- Atike sent it. - said Murad taking my hand in his, - don't be jealous. - he told me and he laughed.

I looked the other way when he smiled and made a sad face. I knew he'd recognize how I feel now.
- You told me no other women. - I told him in a very jealous voice, even though I was trying to hide my jealousy.

- I had nothing to do with her, Hoşyar. I only love you. I'm not looking at any other woman because there's only place for you in my eyes. - he said and gently touched the lock of my hair.

- I visited Kosem Sultana today. - I told him. He was surprised at my words.
- She told me she'd get back at me when she got out of the dungeon. - I told him everything from word to word about what happened.

- I came up with a punishfor Farya, but for my Valide, I don't know what to do with her. I can't give her any of the most powerful punishments, because she's still the mother of the Sultan. -  Murad said upset.

- I have no doubt you'll make the best decision possible. - I told him to squeeze his hand. He smiled at me and kissed me.

- What punishment will Farya get? - I asked him curiously. He sighed deeply and looked me deep in the eye.
- For treason, Farya can only get the death penalty. - he said what shocked me. I was convinced he'd be punished in some other way, but to kill her, I didn't expect that from him.

- You know best. - I told him and gave him a slight smile. Farya was my enemy, she did me a lot of harm, but this scared me. I knew Murad was cold-blooded, but I didn't think he had the strength to give a death warrant to his ex-wife and his son's mother.

What will happen the next day when Murad receals the punishment for Kosem Sultana? Will she get same punishment as Farya, or he will forgive his mother?

Btw. I want to thank you for 500 views and 100 likes!