31st Chapter

- Sultana, Fatma Sultan was punished to death today. - Haci-aga came into my chambers next morning.
- She got what she deserved. - I said and sighed. I was happy because she was punished like she deserved. She tried to kill my son. I would be disappointed if she got any other punishment than death.

- Sultana, I must tell you something important too. - Haci said while he was looking at the floor.
- Haci, is it about Osman? Is he fine? - I asked him with a kind of hope that my baby recovered.
- May he rest in peace. - Haci said sadly and didn't even look at me.

At that moment, my heart broke. My heart broke into a million pieces. My son which was still a baby died. He died because of other woman's jealousy. Osman was innocent baby, how he deserved this?

I felt so bad at that moment that I could see only black in front of my eyes and soon I passed. I woke up later lying in my bed, and Murad was sitting next to me. He was holding my hand.

- Murad, our Osman... - I tried to say as emotions got all over me. I felt so broken and my heart hurted me.
- We must be strong, Hoşyar. This is a huge pain for both of us. We must be together and strong in this. - he told me as he kissed my forehead. He knew there will be none way to comrort me. Losing a child is a special way of pain, that will never stop.

I looked at Murad without words and started crying. He hugged me the whole time as he was sad too. I was too weak that I could get on my legs, but I wanted to go to infirmary to see Osman for the last time before his funeral.

Murad took my hand and we went together to infirmary. There was laying Osman covered with white blanket. I removed the blanket to see him. I saw my baby laying dead on the bed. I kissed his forehead for the last time. He was cold as ice. I couldn't stop myself from crying when I saw him. I was crying over the dead body of my son. Nurse covered him with white blanket over his head.

For the next three days we had to wear black. That day the funeral of my son took place. Everyone gathered in harem to follow his coffin. The coffin was so small.

I was standing in harem and crying

I was standing in harem and crying. My daughters Huricihan, Halime and Safiye realised what happened, because they werent so young yet. They stood next to me and they cried together. Ismihan was comforting me the whole time. She was also sad by the loss of her youngest brother. Whole harem was crying over my prince, except for Ayse. While I was crying she looked at me weirdly like I shouldn't cry. She never felt the pain of losing a child. She was the one who tried to kill herself and her children, so obviously she couldn't understand my pain and my sadness.

My son was buried in his grandfather's mosque. While they followed his coffin there, I felt like I'm dying inside. My sons Iskender, Mahmud and Bayezid were too young to understand what happened, but they felt something bad happened.

Months have passed, and I was still hurt by the loss of my son. I was in final months of my pregnancy. Murad took care of me and tried to help me to be strong again. He was also hurt by Osman's death.

He tried to convince me to stop crying because it affects bad on child that's in me. The child I was carrying was my only hope that made me happy now, but I couldn't forgot my Osman.

Few days later, I gave a birth to twin boys. They were healthy boys. When I took them in my arms, I felt happines. But nothing could stop the pain inside me. Murad named them Mehmed and Mustafa. Whole harem was celebrating the birth of my new babies. I acted strong because I didn't want my children to feel my sadness. When I was sad, they felt that and they also felt sad. I didn't want them to think I don't love them anymore, because I loved them the most.

I was mother of nine children now, eight on earth and one angel. I promised myself to take care of my children so nobody could do to them what they did to my Osman.

I took most loyal servants I had and took them with me. They would have to take care of my children the whole day, so nothing bad could happen again.

That day, I was sitting in my chambers. I was reading a book that Haci bought to me on a market. He knew I love reading books and I enjoyed it. He always got me various of books, because when I was reading, I forgot about all the pain.

- Sultana, Sultan is calling you. He asked you to wear this veil. - Lalezar Kalfa told me and gave me red veil. I looked at her confusedly, because I didn't understand what that would mean.
- What does this mean, Lalezar? - I asked her really confusedly.
- Sultana, you are going to love it. - she said to me with a mysterious smile.

I putted the veil on my head and went to Murad's chambers. He awaited for me there. I looked at him confusedly because I wasn't sure what is happening now, but he awaited me with a wide smile.

- Murad, what is this all supposed to mean? - I asked him.
- I am making you free woman. You are not a slave anymore. - he told to me with a smile. That shocked me at first moment.
- But if I am free woman, I can't be with you, Murad. - I told him sadly.

- Come here. - he said to me and showed me his terrace.
- What is this? - I asked him.
- This is our wedding. - Murad said to me which totally shocked me. Murad wanted me to be free woman so he could marry me legally, same as he did with Farya. But I thought remarriage is forbidden?

 But I thought remarriage is forbidden?

After the ceremony ended, I was amazed. I never felt this kind of happines in my life.

He removed the veil from my head and putted his hands on my cheeks.
- You are now my legal wife, Hoşyar. You are my Hoşyar Haseki Sultan now. - he told me with a smile.
He kissed me passionatley like he never did before. He never made me happy as he did that to me.

He did what was forbbiden, a remarriage. But he did it because he loved me. Now, nobody can't stop me. I am not equal with Ayse anymore. From a Venetian slave Rachela Casanova, I became Hoşyar Haseki Sultan. I did what any women would only dream about.

Ps. Sorry if I dont post too often now, I am writing stories Hoşyar Sultan and Aslihan Sultan at the same time so I can't post a lot of chapters like I did before! Hope you don't mind it!