44th Chapter

The ceremony of my daughter's wedding was about to take place. Whole harem prepared for giant celebration because of their marriage. All influential women in Ottoman Empire were invited, together as wives of inflent politic men of the Empire. Ismihan came to their wedding also.

Atike Sultana also came to the harem, but she didn't want to take a seat on our table. As I was rulling the harem and I was the mother of the Sultanas, maids prepared a throne for me for the day of their marriage.

Before the ceremony took part, Haci-aga came to me. He signalised me he has to tell me something, so I went off the table to talk with him.

- Haci, what it is now? The ceremony is just about to begin. I hope you don't carry any bad news. - I told him actually afraid what he has to tell me.

- Don't worry Sultana, its nothing bad. Kemankeş-paşa wants to speak with you in Secret Gardens right now, he says its very important. - Haci told me quietly so no one could hear.

- Okay, I will go. But I will be back as soon as possible. Stay here with Ismihan and my children and don't tell them the truth where I went. - I told him and left the harem.

I walked as fast as I could so no one could see me entering the Secret Gardens. I didn't know why Kemankeş even wants to speak with me now, he should be with Sultan now.

I opened the doors of Secret Gardens and came inside where I saw Kemankeş standing. When he saw me, he bowed to me. I looked after my back to be sure nobody was following me.

- Kemankeş, what it was so important now? - I asked him as I was upset because I had to leave the Harem.

- Sultana, I wanted to talk with you before the wedding with your daughter. - he told me and looked at me in eyes.

- What is it about? - I asked him.
- Your daughter already knows that I don't have emotions towards her, and I promised her to be with her and support our Şehzade Iskender to get to the throne. - he told me and gave me a smile.

- I already know all of this. Why are you telling me this? - I asked him as I didn't have a lot of time to speak with him.

- Because there is something you need to know. - he told me and stepped closer to me.

- Whoever you love, you must forget about that woman. You have privillege to marry Ottoman Sultana and I except you to respect her and treat her as best as possible because that is what she deserves. - I've raised my hand and looked at him straight into his eyes.

- I can't, because I have strong emotions towards woman who will never look at me that way. - he told me and stepped closer to me again.

- I can't you forbid to love that woman, but my daughters deserves only the best. If you won't show her love and affection and be with her, then you shouldn't even step into that marriage. - I told him.

- We both agreed the marriage is only for politic goods, you already know that. - he told me and laughed.

- Kemankeş, only thing I need from you is to be loyal. Don't cheat my daughter. You don't want to end like Silahtar. - I told him and raised my head already furious on him.

He stepped closer to me until he was really close to me. He was acting really weird and I was confused about this whole situation.

- I know Sultan Murad doesn't treat you well lately. - Kemankeş told me and looked at me. He looked like he is trying to comfort me.

- That is not true, do not mix into things that you shouldn't. - I told him, trying to act like everything is fine between me and Murad. But things weren't fine.