13th Chapter

The next day.

Haci-aga came to my room to tell me Kosem Sultana called for me. I wasn't sure what should I think of Haci-aga. I knew he is loyal servant and right hand of Kosem Sultana, but he helped Murad to find who poisoned me even if Kosem Sultana didn't allow him to.

I decided I must find out soon what is really Haci's face. Is he loyal to Murad, or to Kosem?

I entered Kosem's chambers and bowed to her. She called me to sit on the pillow next to her sofa.

- Hoşyar, I hope you are taking care of your baby. - she told me proudly.
- I am doing my best, Valide Sultan. - I smiled her.

- Did you tell Murad about that poisoning? - Kosem asked me very suspiciously, she looked like she could read my mind, but I won't allow her to do it. I knew how to read peoples like books, and I won't allow someone to do that to me.

- I didn't, Sultana. He found out himself. I promised you, and I wouldn't like to break my promise. - I lied to her. But I was great at lying.
- How did he found out about that? - she asked me really suspiciously, like she didn't trust me.

- I wore dress which doesn't have opened chest, because I didn't want him to see. But he saw it himself and there was nothing I could do about it. - I smiled her.

- I understand. My lion really likes you, but take care of yourself. No one in the harem can be your friend. People here lie very often. You shouldn't believe whatever you hear here, many of those things are lies. But this is the only place in the world where you can enter as a slave, and become a Sultana who rules the whole world. You have a great chance and potential. - she told me like she really wanted to learn me something.

- Thank you, Sultana. I will listen to your advice. - I told her with a smile.
- Only thing you need to do is to give a birth to a son. Nobody will respect you if you give a birth to a daughter. - she said to me.

- But Sultana, you have daughters? - I asked her confusedly, I didn't understand that much of harem rules.
Kosem smiled, I guessed she thought I should know these rules, but nobody really taught me about them.

- Dear Hoşyar, I gave a birth to a son firstly, then to a daughter. Your first child needs to be a son. If your first child is a girl, you can forget about power in this palace. - she said me proudly.

- What if I am not interested in power, Sultana? - I lied to her.
- Everyone who says that is lying. Maybe you are not lying, but with some time, you will also become power-hungry. Everyone seeks for power and attention. So will you. - she smiled and signalised me to leave her chambers.

While I was leaving, I saw Farya Sultan on the hallway. She was walking with her servant Melek Hatun, and I was walking alone because as a concubine I couldn’t have servants.

Farya signalised Melek Hatun to go away, and she decided to talk to me alone.
- This is all your fault. - she said me really angrily.
- I am sorry Sultana, but I haven't poisoned you. You poisoned me. And you will pay for everything you done. - I told her proudly.

- I am still a Sultana. Dont forget who is standing in front of you! - she raised her had and yelled at me. I just laughed at her at that moment.

- Ops, you can't mention anymore that you are legal wife of Sultan, because he divorced you. For the first time in Ottoman history, you are divorced. It must hurt really bad. - I said trying to make fun of her.

She slapped me hardly across the face. I fell on the floor. She sat on me and started to slap me across my face the whole time. It started to hurt me so much. I begged her to stop, but she refused to stop.

- Farya! Stop it or I will kill you! - someone yelled. I couldn't recognise who was it as she punished me really hard. I saw things blurred in front of me.

I saw Farya got up and bowed, so I guessed it was Murad. I only could hear their voices, but I couldn’t see them. They were so blurry to me.

- She provocated me about the divorce. She got what she deserved. She is not angel like you think. - Farya yelled at him.

I was laying on the cold floor and I couldn’t even move.
- I will give you your punishment later. - I could hear Murad yelling.

He got to me and kneeled next to me. I only could feel him touching my face which was bleeding.
- Murad.. Help me.. I can't see.. - I told him while I was really weak.

He took me in his arms and got me to his chambers. Nurse came there at right moment.

Nurse took care of me, and later I came back to reality. I could finally see properly. Nurse was standing next to me.
- Nurse, is my baby okay? - I asked her worriedly.
- Hatun, your baby is fine. But, your face was bleeding I had to stop that. Now you are fine but you have to rest. - she said, bowed to Murad and left the chambers.

- Murad, where I am? - I asked him with a confusion. I tried to get up, but he layed next to me and didn't allow me to move.
- Now you are in my chambers, and you will be here with me until you get better. I will take care of you here. - he smiled to me and kissed my cheeks.

I stayed shocked because I will have to stay in his chambers. Usually, women would stay here only for a one night and then they would return to their room.

- I am so scared of Farya now. - I said to him sadly and he cuddled me then. I felt safe whenever I was close to him.

- Farya will be exiled to Amasya. I dont want to see her ever again in Istanbul. - he said and that made me really happy.

- How that you decided to divorce her? You shocked me with that decision. - I told him.
- I found a woman which I want to me my wife. But I dont need marriage, you are my woman like this. - he told me which made ma happy and sad at both. He loved me so much, but he didn't want to marry with me.

I gave him confused look with a dose of sadness he realised what it meant, but he wanted to change the subject.
- I must keep you close to me when you are pregnant, because when you are not with me something bad happens. - he told me kinda sadly.

It was really weird to hear Sultan Murad Khan, which was called cold hearted and agressive leader, showing his sadness and his emotions.

- I feel safe only when I am with you. - I told him and cuddled him.