Chapter 5: Out of Coverage Area

Alondra’s POV

I just finished my food when Dr. Sylvia came in. She's in her white doctor's gown and has a stethoscope hanging around her neck. I sat properly and flashed her a smile. She occupied the vacant chair on the left side of my hospital bed.

“How are things, Doc?” I asked her as she sat down. I noticed that she sighed before answering my question.

“Everything's fine Mrs. Madrigal. I should be the one asking that. How are you? We will be conducting your surgery tomorrow.” I drew a forced smile. I heaved a sigh during those moments, but I felt a tingling pain on my right chest. The smile I forced faded and was replaced by a poker face.

“Are you alright?” She asked me next, but I just nod at her with a smile to make her believe that everything's fine. I gulped when I felt the pain once again. I closed my eyes when I felt like everything around me is turning. I glanced at Dra. Sylvia, but my vision started to blur. I saw her open her mouth as if she's saying something but I can't understant any word she utters.

Seconds later, the pain on my chest started to crawl throughout my whole body. The next thing I knew, someone held me by my arm. I tried to look at that direction but I got dizzy and the pain worsen. I heard noise from afar. I was about to ask Dra. Sylvia about what's happening but everything just turned black.

.

.

.

Doctor Sylvia’s POV

I immediately pushed the emergency button placed beside Mrs. Madrigal's bed. The alarm was ringing for about ten seconds when two male nurses with a cart containing medical apparatuses came rushing in. I took my stethoscope and checked her vital signs. Her heartbeat slows down as well as her breathing. I saw one of the nurses began to check up on the wearable patch placed on Mrs. Madrigal's wrist, together with her IV fluid.

“Darell, call the information desk. Tell them to clear the operating theater. She needs to undergo surgery right now!" I ignored the fear crumbling through my spine. I was holding Mrs. Madrigal's hand while she's unconsciously lying on her bed.

“Code blue, level two, 2nd floor room 209! Again code blue level two, 2nd floor room 209!” Said a voice from the speaker outside Mrs. Madrigal's room. A little longer, the nurses arranged the patient's bed and pushed it out of the room heading to the operating theater. Fortunately, the theater is just around the corner and we made it there in no time.

“Doc. Sylvia!” I turned my back when I heard that voice. A lady in her lab gown entered the operating room while staring at Mrs. Madrigal.

.

.

.

Dia’s POV

I was facing a vanity mirror that has LED bulbs surrounding the whole glass, like those that are placed inside the dressing rooms in our office. I was staring at my reflection while waiting for this woman in front of me to finish my make up. She's having a messy braided hair, a sky blue blouse matched with a white balloon shaped skirt. Later, she spun the swivel chair where I am at, and checked my look. I felt a bit anxious with all that I've been through this morning, but Brando on the side caught my attention. He's sitting on a couch beside the guy who picked me up earlier. They were talking as if they are just the same age. I stared at them for a bit more, although I can't really hear a thing due to the music played on the make up artist's phone. I saw the two looked at my direction, and I just smiled at them. Brando flashed a genuine smile in return and that made me less anxious and tensed. I looked at the guy who picked me up earlier and he's just staring at me without any emotion. He looks like a hungry cannibal who could consume me in just a blink of an eye because of his stare.