Chapter 6: Rallnedia

Someone’s POV

“Are you sure you're gonna do that?” I chuckled with what he said. I am standing here at the lobby with a guy, waiting for all of the guests to finally leave the hall where we hosted the event. Some of the employees are still sending their greetings to the CEO who just arrived in the country for an important appointment. I thought that I will be handling that meeting alone, but fortunately, he was pursuaded. All thanks to his son who's been very busy managing a project of the company that's still under the process of advancement due to its complicated set of objectives. Although the said project took him 2 years of propagation and still counting, he has gained a lot of positive feedbacks and benefits for the company itself.

Later, I saw Erick approaching me with his infamous poker face. Honestly, I haven't seen this man smile, not even once.

“Everything's been settled, Mr. Swisly.” He whispered to me. I heaved a sigh, then fixed my deep blue hued suit. I saw Kade staring at the man who's standing beside me. I just shrugged at him then made my way at the center of the lobby.

“Kade, aren't you coming with me?” I asked him with a smile. I noticed a hint of annoyance in his face while he's walking towards me. I'll admit it, I've been making fun of him since the opening of the gathering until now that it's done. I laughed when I heard him sigh when he finally reached my place.

.

.

Dia’s POV

The supposed four hours of smile on my face was reduced to half an hour when I saw the man that has brought misfortunes to my life. It's his fault why I came late at our office that day, and the main reason why I lost my job as a stylist. I managed to force a smile for the remaining 3 hours and a half of my duty here inside the hall. Thankfully, the gathering ended sooner than expected and that guy left together with all the other guests. I haven't been able to personally see the director when he's been introduced on stage at the opening of the event since I was ordered to go back to the dressing room to get the table numbers.

The CEO of the Mondragon Company is the one being introduced when I got back. She's wearing a pale blue dress and I guess she's on her mid 40's. She's not really familiar to me since this is my first time seeing her. I was about to check my phone when I saw Erick heading towards my direction. He's the guy who picked me up from the Swisly Corporation's building this morning. I did some research about the Swisly Group of Companies last night and I found out that aside from Swisly Corporation, it has 3 more subordinate corporations under it namely Blant Styl, Mondragon Company and Lèi Faisean Company. 

Stupidity hits me hard when I never thought of doing some research regarding the Director of the said corporation as well as the directors of the subordinate companies. As far as I can remember, this is a fashion company that made it's name well known all over the country and even abroad. I felt that I was left outdated with the things around me since my mom got admitted to the hospital last year. I worked at the MaleVFemale as head stylist but everything changed when I  referred Shine into my workplace and when she got promoted as the manager. I guess I wasn't really fated to be on that company. The saddest part is that I already set my goals to grow on that company. I fell in love with it from the very start. My heart broke into pieces when I got fired few days ago, but little did I know, there is this big opportunity knocking at my door. I am now an assistant stylist at this grandiose company. I assume everyone starts at the lowest position at some point in life before they could achieve success.

"Ms. Madrigal, you can go back to the dressing room to get changed when you are done here." Brando was having a pep talk with some of our workmates including Leya and Maria, whose arms are wrapped around some random guy's arms, when he told me what to do after everything's packed up. I didn't even bother their conversation and continued collecting the table numbers around the hall. Becky, on the other hand, is in charged with all the table cloths.