Chapter 3

Draco thought about the last time he saw those bright green eyes, besides from in The Daily Prophet of course. It was at his hearing four years ago, Harry spoke in his defence to pardon him from charges. Of course he did ... Saint Potter with his scar and his glasses and his messy hair! But now was really not the time to think about the past, Harry was right in front of him for the first time in four years!

"Malfoy?" Harry asked with a still shocked expression on his face. "Why are you here?" He asked. Draco scoffed. "Why am I here Potter? I could ask you the same thing." Harry rolled his eyes. "I happen to be visiting my godson and he is expecting me, so are you gonna let me in or what?" Draco just stood there for a second, looking at those bright green eyes once more before saying, "Yeah, come on in."

"Haaaaaarrrrrrrrryyyyyy!" Teddy called out joyfully. "You here! I thunk you not gunna come!" Harry chuckled. "Of course I'm here Teddy, I'm here every Friday," He answered. Teddy looked relieved. "I scared Draky here pecause you no come." Saying this made Teddy's face droop. "No Teddy, I would never miss a visit with you, I promise," Harry replied, still chuckling.

"Now what would be so bad if I were here instead of him?" Draco asked, which startled both Harry and Teddy, they hadn't even noticed he was still there. "I mean surely I'm just as fun as Scarhead over here," Draco went on. Harry just rolled his eyes and went to talk to Andromeda.

Draco ran to catch up with him. "Potter wait. You never found out why I'm here." Harry stopped walking and faced Draco, looking into his cool grey eyes for the third time that day. "Well, Malfoy, that would be because you never told me." Draco sighed. "Honestly Potter if you would just let me finish. I'm visiting my mum. She was ill and she did recover but she never fully gained her strength back. I brought her to my aunt's house because I can't take care of her anymore." Draco paused, opened his mouth to say something, paused again and decided not to say whatever it was he wanted to say. "I'm sorry to hear that," Harry responded and kept on walking.

Harry wondered what Draco had wanted to say but he couldn't really be bothered. Well he could, he was, but he couldn't let his supposed enemy know he cared. That's just how the two were. Harry loved Draco so much it hurt to see him, to fight with him all the time, to hear his voice, see the lips he couldn't kiss, the hair he couldn't touch, the hands he couldn't hold. Harry had loved Draco since he first laid eyes on him in Madam Malkin's Robes for All Occasions. But Draco didn't love him back, he never would, and that was the very reason he could never know the truth.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

At least, that was what Harry thought.

Draco watched Harry walk away and frowned. He knew that Harry hated him and he knew why too. Draco hadn't been the nicest to Harry and he deserved Harry's hate, but he still wished differently. He longed for Harry to feel the same way he felt about him. But he would never imagine Harry to feel the same way.

The reason Draco teased Harry all the time was because he liked him. No, loved him. But Father would never allow them to be together if Harry even felt the same way, which would never happen. Draco took his anger out on Harry to protect himself, being around Harry and not being with him was too painful.

"If only he knew." Draco thought. "If only he knew I love him, knew that I never meant the cruel things I said to him, knew the truth."

"But he can't," Draco said aloud. "Hmm?" Harry asked from behind him.

Draco jumped and turned around to face Harry. "Were you spying on me Potty?" Draco asked. Harry rolled his eyes and walked over to Teddy, ignoring Draco's remarks.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

An hour later after playing with Teddy, it was time for his nap. He was only four after all. So Harry took Teddy up to bed. "Beddy story!" Teddy requested as he did every Friday. So Harry took out The Tales of Beedle the Bard and flipped to Teddy's favourite story, 'Babbitty Rabbitty and Her Cackling Stump'. Harry began reading and not too long after, both of them were asleep.