Chapter 20

A week had gone by since their kiss and neither had spoken about it nor had there been a repeat. Draco was so embarrassed but also confused. "He kissed back. What does that mean? Why can't I figure it out? Maybe Harry's obliviousness is wearing off on me." Harry was looking at Draco expectantly. "Er, pardon?" Draco blushed. He didn't realize Harry was talking to him. Harry laughed. "Forget it. It wasn't important." Draco pouted. 

"Now I really want to know. But I know you're too stubborn to tell me. So... It's your birthday next week." Harry nodded. "I guess so. When's your birthday?" Draco raised an eyebrow. "Why aren't you excited about your birthday. I don't care what you say. We're throwing you a party. I've heard about some of your previous birthdays and I swear to you that I'm going to make up for all those lousy ones." Harry smiled.

"You don't need to do that Dray. That's just why, you know. Why I don't like my birthday. My family never did anything, it has no real importance to me. Also, why did you avoid my question?" Draco turned away. "Er- my birthday was June 5th." Harry's eyes widened. "What? Draco! We were living together by then. Why didn't you tell me? I didn't even get you a gift. Or a cake!" Draco chuckled. "Ry, calm down. It's fine. I went to visit my mother. I didn't tell you because I didn't want a gift. Moving in here was gift enough." Harry hugged Draco. "Ok fine. But next year... you're going to have the best party in the world. You deserve it." Draco blushed. "Harry, one thing. Don't tell Weasel or Granger that I told you about your party. It's supposed to be a surprise." Harry shook his head. "I won't tell a soul." 

They stayed hugging on the couch for a while. Draco fell asleep in Harry's arms so Harry picked him up like he would if it were Teddy, and brought him to bed. He kissed Draco softly on the lips and curled up beside him. This is how it was meant to be. "Merlin, if he knew I felt this way, he'd be gone quicker than you can say quidditch. But what if it isn't like that. What if he feels the same way. Ugh, if only you knew, Draco Lucius Malfoy... I love you more than you could ever know."