Chapter 10

Draco returned home to find Harry curled up by the fire. Harry looked up when he heard footsteps and his face lit up instantly. "Draco! You're back. What's behind your back?" Harry asked while standing up, curious. Draco chuckled. "Missed me? It's a gift. For letting me move in with you. I know how hard it must've been for you when Hedwig died, so I got you something." Draco explained as he pulled the cage out from behind his back. "When I saw him, the first thing I noticed was that he has your eyes. He also looked like Hedwig so I reserved him right away." Harry just stood, speechless. Then slowly he walked forward and pulled Draco into a huge hug. "Thank you! I love him!" He exclaimed. "I love you." He thought. 

Harry pulled away and the perfect name popped into his head. "I'm gonna call him Dragon," Harry said, smiling at the owl, letting him out of the cage. 

Draco gasped. "Dragon? My name means dragon! Harry named the owl after me!" He thought to himself. "Oh, Harry I have news!" Draco told him. He wanted Harry to be the first to find out. He didn't even tell Pansy and Blaise! 

Harry was so excited about Dragon he almost forgot about Draco's interviews."Did you get a job Draco? Harry beamed. Draco smiled back at him. "Yes, I did! I get to make the potions for Hogwarts!" He said, excitedly. Harry hugged him again. "I knew you could do it, and you didn't send any paper cranes! I was so happy to know you were being treated with respect. Also, Potions? That's your best subject, you love making potions. Draco this is amazing. We need to have a party!" Harry was talking so fast, Draco could barely keep up. 

"A party? Harry, you're insane! I don't need a party!" Harry grinned. "Too late." He said. "I already invited the guests. Two nights from now at 8:00. Be there." He then proceeded to the kitchen to make dinner.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Harry? What smells so good?" Draco asked, wandering into the kitchen the next morning. "I baked you a pie. It's green apple since that's your favourite." Harry smiled. Draco's face lit up. "It's for me? Why?" Harry cut out a piece and handed it to Draco, on a green plate. "Because of your new job, of course." Draco laughed. "I am pretty amazing. Thank you, Harry." Harry nodded and smiled back.

Draco sat down and began to eat his pie when a delivery owl flew through the window and dropped the Daily Prophet on the table. Harry paid the owl and sat down across from Draco. Harry looked at the front page and smiled. Draco glanced down at the paper and saw his name on the front page. He picked up the paper frantically and began reading.

"Draco Malfoy, Our Hero" by Pansy Parkinson and Harry Potter

Many of you know Draco Malfoy, son of Lucius Malfoy and Narcissa Malfoy née Black. When seeing him around, the majority glare at him, throw curses at him or refuse him entrance to their shops. Why? Because of the mark on his arm. 

Draco Malfoy was a Death Eater. Harry Potter and I both spoke at his Ministry Hearing and he was cleared of all charges. Draco is no longer considered a Death Eater. This is known by all. But only a select few people know why Draco was a Death Eater. Most would say he was just like his father. This is not true. Draco was forced into taking the mark. I was there, visiting him during summer holidays and Voldemort tortured him with Crucio, dragged him into the dining room, and Fenrir Greyback held him down while Voldemort gave him the Dark Mark. Draco didn't want the mark or to be a Death Eater. 

Being on the other side of the war was to protect his family. If he hadn't been, himself, Lucius and Narcissa would have been killed. Draco is very brave for doing so and protecting people who maybe he wasn't even quite fond of.  Some of you may say that he bragged about becoming a Death Eater. It was his coping mechanism, putting on a mask, trying to feel honoured. But he didn't truly feel that way.

Draco saved Harry Potter's life twice. Harry approached me and asked me to write this article. He helped me write it and all things said are true facts. 

Harry was caught by the Snatchers and brought to Malfoy Manor. Harry had been hit by a stinging charm and did not look like himself, but was with Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley. They are two eye-witnesses who I'm sure will confirm this, if asked. Draco was asked by Bellatrix LeStrange if the boy was Harry. Draco knew it was. But if he said yes, Voldemort would've been summoned, and Harry would've been killed. Draco told his aunt he wasn't sure. By doing this, Draco helped save the wizarding world by keeping Harry alive. 

The second time took place during the war. Harry was dead in Rubeus Hagrid's arms, wandless. But then Harry woke up and rolled out of Hagrid's arms. Anyone who was present at the war can confirm that when this happened, Draco ran to Harry and threw him his wand. The wand that killed Voldemort. If Draco hadn't done this, once again Harry would be dead, and Voldemort would still be here. Without Draco, we would have lost the war. Draco Malfoy is a hero. 

Draco looked at Harry with tears in his eyes. "You did this?" He asked. Harry nodded. Draco darted up and wrapped his arms around Harry. "Thank you. This is the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me." Harry hugged Draco back. "It needed to be done." Then he laughed. "You think by the number of times we've hugged that we're good friends, wouldn't you?" Draco chuckled. "I guess we are.