Chapter 12

The party had been one of the best nights of Draco's life. He was surrounded by people he loved and the Weasel and Granger of course. Harry and Draco made a ton of food and that definitely won Ron over. You see, Draco never hated Ron and Hermione. It was more like he was jealous of them. "Weasel and Mudblood take up all Harry's time. I can never get him alone. It's frustrating." But he warmed up to them at the party, if he was going to live with Harry, he better get used to his friends. So Draco tried to get the two to like him. Granger was a little harder to win over, but once he started talking about her run for Minister of Magic and how she was likely to win, her perception of Draco changed entirely. 

That night Draco and Harry shared a bed and once more, woke up cuddling. Draco made breakfast and he and Harry sat down to talk about their friends. "It was nice seeing Granger and Weasel again." Draco began. "I'm sure they would prefer to be called Ron and Hermione, but continue." Draco nodded. "I shouldn't have treated them as I did during school. Harry, I really wanted to be friends with 'the Harry Potter'. But you rejected my handshake and became friends with them instead. I was jealous and I'm quite sorry." Harry smiled. "Don't apologize to me, apologize to them. But thank you. I understand, and I am sorry for rejecting your handshake. I shouldn't have... Wait, did you say jealous?" Harry asked, shocked at Draco's confession. "Yes, you could've really saved our arses. The Slytherins, I mean. If you were friends with us, you could help us be accepted at school and protect us from being forced into becoming Death Eaters." Harry just stared at Draco. 

A few moments later, Harry was hugging Draco for the millionth time since they moved in together. "I'm so sorry," Harry whispered in Draco's ear over and over again.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That afternoon, Draco was in his potion room, previously Harry's bedroom, brewing Amortentia requested from McGonagall. He was just finishing up when Harry walked in. "Hey, what're you brewing? It smells wonderful!" Harry exclaimed. Draco chuckled. "Why, what do you smell?" Harry inhaled deeply. "Green apples, coins and, hmmm, hair gel," Harry answered before he realized, the smell was Draco. 

"Merlin, does Harry smell me? No, it couldn't be." Draco thought to himself. "I smell treacle tarts, broomstick and er- shampoo." He paused. "Harry's shampoo."

Before either of them could say anything else, Harry's name was called, coming from in the main room. Harry left the room awkwardly and walked up to the fireplace. Ron's head was sticking up in the fire. He saw a deep blush on Harry's cheeks. "Er- sorry mate. I hope I'm not interrupting anything." Harry's blush deepened. "Oh, no er- Draco was just brewing a potion for the school." Ron nodded. "What potion?" He asked. Harry blushed even more. "Amortentia," Harry whispered. Ron nodded. He wondered if the boys had figured it out yet. They obviously smelt each other. But did they realize that the other smelt them? "Mione and I were wondering if you'd want to come over?" Harry nodded. "Sure, I'll step through, I'm just going to tell Draco that I'm leaving." Ron smiled, knowingly. "Ok mate, don't take too long."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The Golden Trio were squished on Ron and Hermione's couch in front of the fire. Hermione was talking about how Draco was very nice to them and maybe he wasn't so bad after all. Ron agreed. "The two of you should open a catering company, your food was soooo good." Harry chuckled. "Of course you change the topic to food." Hermione laughed too. "So Harry, Ron said Draco was brewing Amortentia. What did you smell?" Harry glared at Ron, then looked back to Hermione. "Do you even need to ask?" Ron laughed. "My money's on the answer being Draco. 10 galleons." Hermione nudged Ron in the side. "I'm not making that bet. I think the same thing as you." Then she looked at Harry, expectantly. Harry finally gave in. "Yes, I smelt Draco. But of course I did. I'm attracted to him, so he's who I smell. It would be strange if I didn't smell my crush, don't you think?" Hermione smiled. "I'm sure it would be." 

An hour later Hermione's face lit up. "Oh, I almost forgot! Ron and I had a great idea. Well, actually I had a great idea. Ron just agreed with me. The two of us had a great time last night and I thought we should get together more often. All six of us. We could call it 'game night' and play all sorts of games. Wizard games of course, like Gobstones, Exploding Snap and Wizard's Chess, but you and I could teach the group some muggle board games as well. It would be so fun! We could do it every other week on Friday nights. I already talked to Pansy and she said she and Blaise would definitely join in on that." Harry smiled. "That sounds like a great idea. I'll talk to Draco about it tonight." Hermione beamed. "Speaking of talking to Draco tonight," Ron began, holding out two tickets. "Blaise scored 6 tickets to a professional Quidditch Match. It's on July 5th. Do you two want in?" Harry laughed. "Obviously! Draco doesn't have a say about this though. We are definitely gonna be there."