Chapter 44

"Hi Everyone! It's me Luna again. Thank you all for sharing your kind words about the grooms. Next, I'd like to invite you all to watch Harry and Draco share a dance. Following that, feel free to join in or help yourself to some food." Harry looked at Draco. "We have to dance?" Draco snorted. "It's our wedding, what did you expect? Another repeat of the Yule Ball?" Harry shrugged. "Maybe? I did have to do one dance for that though. Damn you looked so hot that night. But you took Pansy." Draco scoffed. "She felt bad for me. Blaise was pretty upset. I didn't see you asking me to be your date either. You took Parvati, no?" Harry rolled his eyes. "Whatever, I wanted to go with you and you know it. May I have this dance?" He asked, holding out his hand. "Hmm. No." Harry glared at him. "Of course you can, you never need to ask," Draco replied, taking Harry's hand. "Which one of us does the girl part?" He asked. Harry thought about it for a second. "You. Because you're the princess who needs beauty sleep." Draco scoffed but Harry could see that he was grinning.

Harry put his hand on Draco's waist and Draco put his hand on Harry's shoulder. "Don't laugh if I mess up," Harry whispered. "What? Why did I marry you if I don't get to make fun of you." Harry frowned. "Fine." Draco chuckled. Harry was still frowning. "No, be happy. I love you." Harry nodded. "I love you too. I just don't want to make a fool of myself in front of all these people." Draco smirked. "Oh Harry, you already have. Many, many times." Harry sighed. "Yeah, I guess so." Luna turned on the music and Harry and Draco began dancing.

"Harry?" Draco whispered in his ear. "Mhmm?" Draco sighed. "Let's just sway." Harry let out a sigh of relief. He wrapped both his arms around Draco's waist and Draco wrapped both of his arms around Harry's neck. They began to sway to the music. "This is much better." Harry smiled. Draco laughed. "Yeah it is." Harry hummed. "Can we just stay here forever?" Draco rolled his eyes. "Says the one who wouldn't dance with me in the first place. But yes. I think that would be lovely."

Draco and Harry swayed together until the end of the song. Draco rested his head on Harry's shoulder. Right away the next song: 'Do the Hippogriff' by the Weird Sisters, started blasting through the radio. Harry jumped and knocked Draco backwards. "Oh Dray, are you ok? I'm so sorry." He helped Draco stand up and kissed him. "I'm so sorry." Draco chuckled. "Ry it's fine. I'm ok. I think that's enough dancing for now though." Harry nodded and walked with Draco over to their friends.

"Ha, you just fell." Pansy laughed. Harry glared at her. "Sorry." Harry hugged Ron and Hermione. "You guys are next, right?" Ron blushed and looked at his feet. "Sensitive subject," Hermione whispered. "Speaking of who's next," Luna said, appearing out of nowhere. "Everyone who's not married make a clump in the middle of the alley." She turned to Harry and Draco. "Which one of you wants to throw the bouquet?" Harry looked at Draco. "It would mean a lot more to everyone if you did it." Harry nodded. "You sure?" Draco smiled and signalled for him to go." He took the bouquet from Luna and headed to the crowd. "Ok, on the count of three? Remember I'm no chaser, I'm a seeker. Three...two...one." Harry tossed the bouquet behind him and it landed in Dean's hand. Everyone clapped. He and Seamus turned beet red. Harry laughed. "Congrats guys. I mean, if you do get married next, I win a bet against this one," He said linking arms with Draco. Dean laughed. "Why do you keep betting on us?" Harry shrugged. "To make a few Sickles." Draco pulled Harry away from the crowd.

"You have a few minutes?" He asked with a wink. Harry chuckled. Draco raised his eyebrow. "You aren't joking?" Draco laughed. "Alright fine. Later then." He began to walk away. Harry grabbed his wrist. "Quite the dramatic one. Let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Maybe that wasn't the best idea." Draco sighed, walking a little funny. Harry laughed. "It was your idea Dray." Harry laced his fingers with Draco's. "Do you want to go open our gifts?" Draco's face lit up. "Gifts?" Harry smiled. "You didn't expect people not to get us gifts, did you?" Draco shrugged. "I don't know, I've never been to a wedding before." Harry nodded. "Neither have I, but Mione told me all about them." Draco smiled and rested his head on Harry's head. "Then I am ready to be spoiled."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"My love, it's time to get up." Harry whispered in Draco's ear. Draco rolled over and pulled Harry close to him. It's my birthday so I say that we stay in bed and I cuddle my husband all day." Harry kissed Draco softly. "Mhmm. I like that idea. But not all day. If you remember correctly, I promised you that this would be the best birthday ever." Draco hummed. "How are you awake already? You aren't a morning person." Harry smiled. "I made sure to get up extra early just for you." Draco smiled back at him. "Oh, well in that case..." He pulled Harry into another kiss. Harry kissed down Draco's neck. "So far, it's already the best birthday love. Being with you. That's all I need."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Dray, come here!" Harry called from the living room. "I'm not ready!!!" Draco called back. Harry sighed and went to check on his husband. "What do you mean you're not ready? You look beautiful." Draco frowned. "Nice try. Help me, would you?" Harry smiled and walked over to Draco. He took Draco's tie off, followed by his suit jacket. "I didn't mean undress me. Now it'll take longer." Harry chuckled. "It's not like my birthday. You don't need a suit, as handsome as it makes you look. You're handsome enough without wearing anything." Pansy walked in. "Ew, have sex later." Draco scowled at her. "We aren't having sex. Harry's just helping me get ready." Pansy rolled her eyes. "Whatever you say. By the way, there's a lock on the door. Learn how to use it," She said as she walked out.

"Here wear this." Harry handed Draco his 'I'm in love with the Boy Who Lived' shirt and some jeans. Then he moved on to styling Draco's hair, without gel of course. "Harry?" Draco asked. "Yes?" Draco planted a kiss on Harry's lips. "Thank you." Harry wrapped his arms around Draco. "Anytime. Now, act mildly surprised. They held hands and walked out of the bedroom.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The party was great. All of Draco's closest friends were there and Harry had really gone all out and spoiled him.

"Thanks for the party Ry." Draco said as he climbed into bed. "I know it wasn't as good as my party but you have to remember that 'the amazing Draco Malfoy' wasn't available to plan it." Draco laughed and kissed Harry. "Don't worry. I wasn't expecting much. Thank you for all the gifts." Harry cuddled into Draco. "Which one was your favourite?" Draco thought about it. "You. I liked them all but you were the best gift. Getting to spend my birthday with you, and not just you, you as my husband, is the best gift I could ever get." Harry kissed Draco. "Aw that's so sweet." Draco smiled. "I also liked the potion book." Harry laughed. "Goodnight love." Draco hummed as he nuzzled into Harry. "Good night."