Chapter 8

"Morning, sleepyhead," Draco whispered softly, in Harry's ear. They had both fallen asleep on the couch the night before. Draco woke up an hour before to find Harry curled up against him. He decided to get up and not tell Harry about them cuddling. It would be too embarrassing. "Mmhm," Harry replied and slowly sat up. He looked over at Draco and smirked. "What are you smirking about, Potter?" Draco asked. "Harry." Harry corrected. "Harry," Draco replied. "Much better." Harry smiled. "I smirked before because of your hair. I like it better without gel. It suits you." He continued, standing up fully and walking to the kitchen. Draco just stood there blushing, confused as to what just happened.

"Are you coming to eat or not? Harry called from the kitchen and Draco rolled his eyes. "Yes, I'm coming," Draco answered, heading into the kitchen and sitting down. Harry passed him a plate of toast. "Here, eat up and don't complain," He said. Draco sighed. "Really, Harry? Would you stop lecturing me about eating? You need it just as much as I do." Harry blushed and nodded. "Thank you." Draco smiled. His smile quickly turned into a frown when he looked down at his plate. "Why do I have a grey plate?" He asked. "Well your ey- er, I thought you would, I don't know! Here switch with me." Harry mumbled. "Well, green is my favourite colour, especially this shade," Draco told Harry. "Mine's grey," Harry replied quietly, blushed and looked away. He hoped Draco didn't see his blush.

"So... I have a few job interviews today." Draco started. "I think a few of them are interesting. I hope I get one. I may be rich, but it would be nice to have something to do during the day." Harry nodded. "I'm sure it would be." He sighed. "Wait... you don't have a job? Weren't you going to be an Auror?" Draco asked, looking puzzled. "Well after fighting evil for half my life I decided that I was sick and tired of going through Hell every day, just to lose people I love."

Draco smiled a sympathetic smile at Harry and they were silent for a few moments before Draco spoke up. "Harry? Do you want to talk about it?" He looked up, into Draco's icy grey eyes and relaxed. "Yeah, I do."

"Every year there was always something I had to do to save people, or that others expected me to do. It was tiring and I felt really angry all the time. Sometimes Ron would get mad at me for things I didn't do and even my crush would treat me poorly. It was too much for me to handle. Everyone expected too much from me." He explained, tearing up.

"How so Harry?" Draco asked calmly. Harry took a deep breath.

"When I was eleven, I defeated Voldemort with my bare hands. When I was twelve, I killed a basilisk. When I was thirteen, I fought off over one hundred dementors, even though I was terrified of them. When I was fourteen, I survived a dragon, unwillingly completed the rest of the Tournament, witnessed Voldemort's return and watched Cedric get killed. When I was fifteen, I fought Death Eaters, was tortured by a teacher and watched my godfather get killed. When I was sixteen, I watched Dumbledore get killed and when I was seventeen, I died, saw so many people I loved lying dead and killed Voldemort. I lost Fred, Remus, Tonks, Moody, Lavender, Collin, Sirius, Dumbledore, Hedwig, my parents, I'm sick of it. I'm not becoming an Auror and living through it all over again. No... I just... " Harry began to sob. Draco walked towards him and wrapped him in a big hug.

"Draco, I'm sorry. I shouldn't be putting this all on you. I know how much you've been through and I shouldn't be complaining when you've gone through worse." Harry muttered. Draco just looked at Harry with so much sadness. "No Harry it's not the same thing. You saved the world! I'm just a coward with an idiot for a father and a mother too afraid to disagree with him. You've done so many challenging things and I know they've hurt you, but without you, we would all be dead. You are so important Harry. Don't forget that ok?" Draco began to tear up too.

All of sudden Harry stopped crying, broke the hug and looked at Draco with a stern face. "Draco Lucius Malfoy! You are not a coward! You are one of the bravest people I ever met! Draco, you went against your family and Voldemort when you threw me your wand. If you hadn't, he would still be alive. You also saved me from the Snatchers, you knew it was me and you risked your life to protect me. Draco if you hadn't done this, we couldn't have won the war. You are technically 'the Saviour'. I know you didn't want to take the mark, but you did it to protect your family. You lived in the same house as Voldemort! You are not a coward. You may not be a Gryffindor but you are so brave and you have a kind heart, I know you do. I would never be able to do half of what you've done. You are amazing, Draco. I know you didn't want to kill Dumbledore, I could see it in your eyes. You were protecting your mother and even your horrible father. That shows how brave and kind you are. Don't ever let me hear you say differently. As much as you may hate it, you are 'the Saviour', so you might want to stop calling me that". Harry chuckled and pulled Draco back into a hug. Draco was crying now, but he wasn't sad. He had just heard the nicest thing anyone's ever said to him, and the words came from Harry's mouth.