Chapter 19

"Ry, I'm home," Draco called. "Harry?" Draco went to the bedroom and Harry wasn't there. He searched every room in the flat. No Harry. "Ron, Hermione?" Draco firecalled Ron and Hermione to see if they knew where Harry was. "Draco, what's wrong?" Hermione asked, worried. "Have you seen Harry?" Ron shrugged. "No." Draco disappeared right away. 

He tried Andromeda's house next. "Oh, hello Draco. Have you come to visit your mother?" Andromeda asked him. "No, is Harry here?" Andromeda looked confused. "No, I haven't seen him. Is everything alright dear?" Draco shook his head and disapparated. 

Draco went to Blaise and Pansy's place but Harry wasn't there either. Sure, Harry was a grown man, but he always left a note or told someone where he was going. He needed to, being who he was. A Death Eater might want to murder him for defeating Voldemort. 

Draco firecalled Ron and Hermione again and asked if Harry was at the Burrow. Ron said he would go see. Minutes later he returned, and Harry was not at the Burrow. "Would he be at 12 Grimmauld Place?" Ron shrugged again. "I can go check." He went to see, but no luck. 

Draco went to Diagon Alley and Hogsmeade but Harry wasn't there either. "He wouldn't have gone to his old home. Would he? No. Where was the one place Harry felt at home, other than the flat? Hmmm. Oh, Merlin. I should've gone there first... Hogwarts."

Draco apparated to Hogsmeade and ran to Hogwarts. He entered the school and dashed to Professor McGonagall's office. He knew the password from last time. "Mr Malfoy? What brings you here?" McGonagall asked, even though she knew the answer. "Where's Harry?" McGonagall shook her head. "I'm not sure, but he is at Hogwarts. He seemed distraught. Is everything alright?" Draco sighed. "I don't know! He just was missing when I got home. He didn't leave a note, he always leaves a note." McGonagall nodded. "Good luck, Mr Malfoy."

Draco thought of places Harry would go. He checked the Great Hall, nope. The Entrance Hall, not there. The DADA class, no Harry. Draco felt like he should just run off and cry. "Run off and cry... that's it." Draco ran to the boy's lavatory and sure enough, sitting on the floor against the wall, staring at the empty floor in front of him, was Harry. "Harry James Potter. Thank Merlin you're alright. I thought you were dead. I searched everywhere." Draco paused. "This is where you-" Harry finished his sentence. "Almost killed you." Draco frowned. "Harry what are you doing here? Isn't this your first time back to Hogwarts since the war? Are you ok?" Draco tried to hug Harry but he flinched. Then he saw a letter sticking out of Harry's pocket. "What's this?" He pulled it out and read it. "Harry? Did you think I was leaving you? That's why you're here, isn't it? Last time you thought you were losing me, was right here. But I was ok, I didn't leave you. So you came here, so things would turn out the same way in the end?" Harry looked up at Draco. "When did you plan on telling me that you were gonna leave?" Draco rolled his eyes. "Never. I'm not leaving. I bought this for Theo. He didn't know how to buy a muggle home. It's for him and Daphne." Harry facepalmed. "Well I look like quite the idiot now, don't I? I've just lost so many people and to think-" Draco grabbed Harry's hands away from his face, gazed into his forest green, glistening eyes and kissed Harry. It was quick before he realised his mistake. He pulled away but Harry kissed him back. This time neither pulled away. Until Professor McGonagall walked in. Her eyes widened. The boys broke away. "Er- found him." Draco stuttered. McGonagall chuckled. "I see. Well, you two go home now. Come visit during the school year." They nodded and walked down to Hogsmeade, neither saying a word. They apparated back to the flat and began making dinner as if nothing had happened. "I kissed Harry Potter!" Draco thought. "It's the most marvellous feeling in the world."