Chapter 11

Later that night, Draco went to see if Harry was awake. He wanted to thank him once more before going to bed. "I still can't believe Harry did this for me. All the nice things he said about me!" Draco thought, reaching Harry's room. He knocked on Harry's door. No answer. He opened the door. Harry was curled in a tight ball, under a heavy blanket, shivering. 

Draco ran up to Harry and sat down beside him. Draco spoke low and quiet to Harry. "Harry, wake up, you're shivering." Harry blinked his eyes open and looked at what woke him. "Draco?" Harry asked groggily. "Harry you're shivering, why don't you use a warming charm in here? It's freezing." Harry sighed. "The charm's heat is too uneven. Isn't your room this cold?" Draco shook his head. "No, not at all! Actually, why don't you come to my room? You'll warm up just from my presence. You know? Because I'm breathtakingly hot." Harry chuckled. "No I'm serious, it's not cold in there. C'mon." 

Harry got out of bed and followed Draco across the flat to the other bedroom. "Alright, I'll go sleep on the couch. Have a good sleep, Harry." Harry grabbed Draco's wrist. "Just get in the bed," Harry said sternly. Draco hopped in on the right side. "Fine. But you sleep on the left. No exceptions." Harry laughed. "No problem." He said while climbing in. The boys fell asleep right away.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Draco woke up to find Harry once again, cuddled up against him, with his arm around Draco's waist. Draco smiled and ran his hands through Harry's hair. He didn't get out of bed so that he wouldn't wake Harry. 

20 minutes later, Harry woke feeling quite warm. That was new. Then he realized he was practically lying on top of Draco. He felt Draco's hands running through his hair. "I could get used to this." Harry thought. 

Draco looked down when he felt Harry moving. "Ah, you're awake. I hope I didn't wake you." Harry shook his head. "Well, then there's something we should talk about." He continued. Harry bolted off Draco when he heard those words. He should've done that earlier. There's no way Draco would've liked Harry cuddling him like that. Draco frowned. "Is something wrong?" Harry shook his head again. "I was going to ask if we should do this every night. Share a room. Your room is so cold and it would be perfect for brewing potions, for Hogwarts I mean." Harry didn't say anything, so Draco continued. "It would be for my job, of course. Professional." Harry nodded. "Er, yeah, why not?" Draco smiled. "Perfect... just like me." Then he got up and went to make breakfast.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Pansy, Blaise, Ron and Hermione all arrived early for Draco's 'party'. Harry and Draco weren't done making the food, so the guests waited in the living room.

"Hello Weasley, Granger." Pansy nodded at the two. Hermione frowned. "Please call us by our given names and we'll do the same to you." She said strictly. Ron nodded. Blaise spoke up next. "Why are you two even here? This is Draco's party and you hate Draco." Ron grunted. "True that." Hermione nudged Ron in the side. "What Ronald meant to say was: we are here because it's important to Harry." Pansy and Blaise just nodded. 

A few minutes later Pansy started the conversation again. "I can't believe Draco and Harry live together. It's like his dream come true." Hermione's eyes widened. "His dream? Does Draco like Harry? Harry likes Draco!" Pansy smiled a huge grin. "I knew it. Yay, Dray will be so happy." Hermione shook her head. "No, don't tell him. They need to figure it out for themselves." 

The group began to share stories of the two boys and their crushes. 

"Dray was always so annoying. He would go on and on about Harry all the time." Pansy began. "Yeah, he would. 'Saint Potter and his scar, Saint Potter and his glasses, Saint Potter and his beautiful green eyes. Blaise, Pansy! Guess what? Harry was so close to me today, he smells so good!' It was nauseating." Blaise explained.

"The only reason Draco insulted Harry so often was so Harry would talk to him. I don't think that worked out very well for him." Pansy laughed.

"He would also talk to Harry anytime he got the chance. At school, but also away from school. 'Look it's Potter, let's go talk to him! Pleeeease Blaise?' It was honestly tiring." Blaise added.

"Don't forget the whole reason we had to be rude to those two," Pansy told Blaise, nodding towards Ron and Hermione. "Oh yeah. Draco only hated you because you were always around Harry. You got him all to yourselves and he couldn't have him. So, he made fun of you as a way to express his anger." Blaise shook his head. "I am sorry. You two don't seem bad at all. We just didn't like disagreeing with Draco when he was angry." Blaise chuckled nervously.

"Thank you for apologizing. I'm sorry too. I can't believe Draco did all that just because he liked Harry." Hermione replied. "Oh no. That's just the beginning." Pansy told her. "You know how Draco was always teasing Harry? Teasing is how Draco shows affection."

"He even stayed up all night to make 'Potter Stinks' badges. To get Harry's attention, of course. It definitely worked but not in the way he hoped." Blaise paused, pondering for a second. "Actually, I don't know what he hoped that would accomplish, to be honest." 

"The worst thing though, was when Draco made a ton of Slytherins join Umbridge's Inquisitorial Squad so that he wasn't the only one." Pansy grimaced just thinking about it. "What does that have to do with Harry?" Ron asked. "Oh right," Pansy replied. "He joined the club so that he could follow Harry around without it looking creepy." Ron winced. "Sorry I asked."

"You think that was the worst thing?" Blaise asked Pansy. "No, the worst thing was when we had to lift him into a tree. He saw Harry coming towards us so he was like, 'Guys, lift me into the tree! NOW, QUICKLY! Harry's coming!!! Now all of you, hide behind the tree and when Harry comes around the corner I'll say something to him and jump out of the tree. That's your cue to come out from behind the tree and stand behind me. Harry's going to be so impressed!' He kicked me in the face when Goyle and I were lifting him into the tree." Blaise frowned, shaking his head. "Draco does crazy things when he's in love." Ron laughed."You think that's crazy?" 

Hermione chimed in. "We were about to die in a fire and Harry made us all go back to save Draco and Goyle. People who never showed an inch of kindness towards us. But Harry couldn't let his crush die and I respect that." Pansy smiled. "Thank you guys for doing that. We already lost Crabbe in that fire, I don't think I could've lived if we lost the other two." She said solemnly.

Ron decided to change the subject. "During all of sixth year, Harry stalked Draco. He would stay up late at night, every night, watching Draco's location on the Marauder's Map." When Ron saw Pansy and Blaise's confused faces he explained, "A map Harry had that showed the location of everyone at Hogwarts". Then he went back to his earlier topic. "Harry followed Draco around and used this horrible excuse. He would say that Draco was 'up to something' and that's why he was following him. Mione and I could see right through his excuse though." Ron chuckled. "Harry even lost interest in Quidditch, his 'so-called' favourite thing ever. Why? Because of Malfoy." 

Pansy just sat, gaping at Ron. Blaise decided to speak up for her. "What I believe Pansy means is: Are you serious?" Hermione nodded. "Oh, he's serious alright. But that's just Harry for you. He made us all climb a building to spy on Draco. He wouldn't admit to it at first, liking Draco I mean. But we saw right through his lies. He called Draco his arch-enemy. That's where we caught on. Voldemort was trying to kill him and Draco was somehow his enemy. He eventually admitted to it, once we bothered him about it enough." Hermione said proudly. 

Ron piped in. "I have a question. Did Draco get physical with Harry just so they could touch?" Pansy nodded. "Same for Harry?" Ron nodded too.

"What are you guys talking about?" Draco asked, walking into the room. "I bet it's about how stunning I look tonight, isn't it." Harry laughed, walking in behind Draco. "I'm glad to see you all getting along so well. Dinner's ready." He said, watching Ron dart up and run to the kitchen. Hermione rolled her eyes and Harry laughed. "Tonight is going to be a good night."