Chapter 21

"Mm... morning Dray." Harry murmured. "Dray?" Harry opened his eyes to find the bed empty. The smell of treacle tarts came wafting in from the kitchen. Harry stumbled out of bed and followed the smell. Draco was facing the counter, so Harry came up behind him and wrapped his arms around Draco's waist, pulling him into a tight hug. "Ry?" Draco asked startled. "Mhmm." Harry hummed into the crook of Draco's neck. "What are you doing?" He smiled. "You weren't in bed to cuddle this morning and I had to come all the way in here, just to do so." Draco nodded. "Okay, but I really have to go. McGonagall needs me." Harry frowned. "But you work from home. Plus you said you weren't going to work today." Draco shrugged "Sorry but it's my job."

Draco took out a single treacle tart from the oven and walked to the fireplace. "See you later." Harry frowned even more. He thought the treacle tart was a special treat for his birthday and Draco was leaving. "Dray wait. Can at least get my gift?" Draco stopped. "Why would I buy you a gift?" Harry looked away. "I was actually hoping for something that you can't buy from the store." He whispered. Draco grinned. "You'll have to be patient. Happy Birthday, Ry!" Harry was so confused as to what just happened. "I thought you forgot." Draco chuckled and hugged Harry. "You wish. Then I would feel bad and do your bidding to make up for it. I was just playing around a bit. I could never forget such an important day. You're 22 and that's my favourite number!" Harry was not impressed. "You still have to make it up to me." Draco grinned. "Just you wait."

Harry had eaten the treacle tart that Draco had in fact made for him. "Can I get my gift now?" Draco rolled his eyes. "Eager aren't we? No. I want my gift to be the last one you get. So you have to wait until the party's over." He chuckled. "What! Ugh fine."

"Why do I have a feeling that he's wanting a kiss? No. Maybe? No. But it couldn't hurt. Could it?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey, Dray?" Harry asked, looking over to Draco. "Hmm?" Draco asked back. "Why exactly are we sitting in bed in the middle of the day?" Draco chuckled. "Well, I am resting. I don't have the slightest clue as to why you are also resting. You just followed me into bed and before you ask, I'm resting because although few may know this, I don't always look breathtakingly handsome. If I have bags under my eyes, I look like a corpse." Harry snorted. "Few know? You're ridiculous. What I'm hearing is this little princess needs her beauty sleep." Draco frowned. "I'm not a princess! I'm pretty sure I was referred to as 'the Slytherin prince'." Harry giggled. "Maybe so, but you sure act like a princess sometimes. Remember that time I came home to find you standing on a chair in the kitchen. Why? Because there was a spider and your wand was in our room." Draco frowned more. "Just because it's your birthday doesn't mean you have the right to make fun of me." Harry frowned as well. "I wasn't making fun of you in a bad way." Draco chuckled. "It's ok Harry, don't worry about it. Anyways time to get dressed... nicely." Harry rolled his eyes. "I do dress nicely." Draco sighed. "Sure, we'll go with that. Wear this." Harry began stripping and changing into the suit Draco tossed at him. "Where are we going that requires me to wear a suit?" Draco shrugged. "I haven't the faintest clue."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Alright, everyone hide. Draco and Harry are known for being notoriously late, so I do apologize if we're hiding for a while." Ron scoffed. "Mione there's thirty-two of us. How are we all supposed to hide? Also, who's idea was it to have Harry's birthday party in the place where many people who were important to him died?" Hermione frowned. "Oh dear. I hadn't thought of it that way. Hogwarts is the one place Harry has always considered his home. I thought he would love being back here." Ron nodded understanding. "It's ok, hon, we'll just hope for the best. I mean he has Draco to celebrate with, he's probably extremely happy already." Hermione smiled. "Fair point."

"They're here!" Pansy called out. Everyone scrambled in the Great Hall to hide from plain sight. Harry and Draco walked in, Draco hands covering Harry's eyes. He uncovered them and Harry gasped. "SURPRISE!"