Chapter 31

"I remember that moment so vividly. The room was on fire and Crabbe had just fallen in. I looked back and saw Draco. He was really struggling. He would fall any second. Any second I would witness the death of the person I loved most. Without thinking I turned back and I tried to grab his hand. I missed. I went back a second time and this time I had him. I pulled him onto the broom and he wrapped his arms around me. I had never been so close to him before. If I wasn't so scared, I would've enjoyed the fact that he was basically hugging me. He held on so tight, I know he was scared. He almost died. What if I hadn't been able to save him?" Harry jolted upwards. "Ry? You alright?" Harry looked down at Draco. "You're alive. You're ok. It's ok. You're right here." Harry was out of breath. "Ry, what's wrong? Yes I'm alive. I'm ok and you're ok." Harry hugged Draco tightly. "Room of Requirement." He whispered. Draco nodded. He knew what Harry meant. "It's ok Harry. You saved me, I'm right here." He replied and ran his hand through Harry's hair.

"Fire. Everywhere. Crabbe was dead. Goyle and I were holding on for dear life. We were about to die. I was about to die. I should've. It's what I deserved. But I didn't. I'm here. Harry turned back. He had Ron and Hermione turn back too. He tried to grab my hand and missed. I did it on purpose. I thought I should die. But he tried again and this time, I let him. Harry was saving my life. So unless it was a hero complex thing, he cared enough about me to save me. I held onto him. In other circumstances, I know I would've been overjoyed. But I was terrified. In the end, I never even thanked him. I didn't know what to do. So I walked off. I'm an idiot."

"Ry?" Draco whispered. "Hmm?"

"Thank you." Harry smiled. "Anytime."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Hey loverboys. You might wanna wake up before anyone catches you."

"Mm. Morning, sweet." Harry groaned in response. Draco began to sit up. "No, my soft pillow. Don't move." Draco chuckled. "Ginny's still here." Ginny laughed from the doorway. "I'm sure you'll love hearing this, but Harry and I never cuddled. He said cuddling wasn't his thing. Obviously, all he meant was cuddling with anyone but you wasn't his thing." Draco laughed and Harry stuck his tongue out. "Stop exposing me!"

"And you know how we broke up? He was staring at a photo of you on the family tree at our house and crying." Harry grunted. "I wasn't crying about Draco. I was crying because I loved him and not you and I was lying to you and I felt awful and for Merlin's sake... stop exposing me!" Draco kissed Harry's forehead. "Tell me more." Harry glared at Draco.

"Well... Harry? You ever wonder about Draco's first kiss?" Draco glared daggers at Ginny. "That's my cue to leave. Stop being lazy and get up. Ron will probably burst in here any second. Bye."

"Who was your first kiss?" Draco frowned. "It's not something I want to talk about." Harry thought for a moment. "Do I know him?" Draco sighed. "Harry, please don't." He was losing his patience but really didn't want to lash out at Harry. "Mine was Cho. It was horrible. She cried." Draco snorted. "She cried?" Harry nodded. "I really don't like that she's here. Ginny's already enough." Harry sighed. "Don't be jealous, Draco. You're my boyfriend and remember that the whole time I was with them, I was mad about you. Not in an angry way." Draco smiled. "I know. I just don't feel like I'm good enough for you."

"Draco Lucius Malfoy. You are the most perfect thing to ever exist. If anyone doesn't deserve someone, it's me. No arguing. I love you. You are more than good enough for me... you're perfect for me." He kissed Draco softly. "Time for breakfast, let's go."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"So Draco? How's your mother?" Arthur asked at the breakfast table. "Oh well, she's alright. Still very weak." Arthur nodded. "And how are you?" This caught Draco by surprise. "Oh. Very good actually." Arthur nodded. "That's good to hear. Are you in a relationship?" Draco paused. "Um, er- I." Harry interrupted. "Nope." Arthur nodded. "I'm sure you'll find the right girl soon." He smiled. "Well thank you. But if anyone is right for me, it's a boy." Arthur processed the words for a second. "Oh dear. I'm sorry. I didn't know. I'm sure he's out there somewhere." Draco smiled and glanced at Harry. "Thank you."

"Everyone, there's something I need to share. I hope you still love me. I'm bisexual." Harry closed his eyes, waiting for the yelling to start." Hermione and Ron got out of their seats and hugged Harry. "I'm so glad you finally felt comfortable telling the rest of the family." Hermione smiled. "I'm proud of you mate." Ron patted him on the back. Ginny reached her hand across the table to hold Harry's. "Good job." Then he looked at Molly. "You three all knew?" They nodded. "Harry dear. We don't hate you. I'm sad that you felt like you couldn't tell me, but I love you, Harry. You're my son. Draco, thank you for coming out as well. That's very brave of you. I know I haven't been very welcoming, and I'm sorry. I hope Harry does bring you back for Christmas." Everyone at the table agreed. "Thanks everyone. I'd like to apologize to all of you as well. Bill, Fleur and Victoire, Charlie, Percy and Oliver, George and Angelina, Ron and Hermione again, Cho and Ginny again, and Molly and Arthur. I know I have caused this family a lot of pain, I know I've been cruel to you, but I believe that I have changed and I hope you can all forgive me."

Harry looked at his boyfriend. He couldn't believe what Draco was doing. It made him want to kiss him right there. Harry grabbed Draco's hand under the table and gave it a squeeze. Draco looked at him and smiled. "I think it's best we get going. Happy Birthday Ginny, thank you, everyone, for inviting Harry and I, and I guess we'll see you at Christmas."

They said their goodbyes and headed home. "Hey love?" Harry asked as soon as they were back at the flat. "Hmm?" Harry kissed him like there was no tomorrow. "Thank you." Draco was puzzled. "For what?" Harry smiled. "What you said to my family. I love you." Draco laughed. "I know, I am amazing, aren't I?" Harry rolled his eyes and laughed. "Yes you are."