Follow my lead

"The Yule ball has been a tradition of the Triwizard tournament since its inception." Professor Mcgonagall said to the students sitting by the sides of the empty classroom. The female students all sat on one side, while the male students sat on the other. Bright sunlight came through the windows. You were sitting next to Ginny.

"The Yule ball is first and foremost... a dance." Mcgonagall continued, as excited gasps came from the female side and groans from the male side.

"Oh that's so exciting," Ginny whispered to you.

"Yeah, I'm dying of excitement," You said boringly, as a Ravenclaw boy from the other side winked at you. You gave him a rather rude gesture and he quickly looked away, making Ginny die of laughter. You saw Professor Mcgonagall eye your gesture out of the corner of her eye.

"Silence!" She shouted, causing whispers to cease. "Y/n, would you come to the floor please?"

You pointed at yourself to make sure she was serious. She must be punishing you. She gave a swift nod and you walked quickly to where she was standing.

"And do I have a boy volunteer?" Professor Mcgonagall asked the other side.

All the boys looked at the ground, trying to look as small as possible. You smirked.

"A boy from Slytherin perhaps?" Professor Mcgonagall asked. You could see Draco snort in derision and incredulity. "How about Draco Malfoy?"

The smirk fell off Draco's face as he turned pale. You looked away, trying your hardest not to laugh. He walked with his shoulders back to the center of the room, trying his best to look confident.

"Now," Professor Mcgonagall said. "Get closer to her, Draco."

Draco gave you a look of disgust and you gave him a look that said, if you touch me I'll bite your hand off. He shuffled closer to you and you could count how many eyelashes he had on each eye if you wanted to.

"Now put your hand on her waist," Mcgonagall said to Draco.

"What?" You and Draco both said in unison.

"Her waist," She said through her gritted teeth.

Draco, not wanting to get on her bad side, placed his hand on one side of your waist. He looked up from the floor and down into your eyes and for a second you felt butterflies. It ceased when you heard Fred and George whistle from the corner.

"Shut up," You mumbled quietly, hiding your blush with your hair.

"Now, Y/n place your hand on his shoulder and put your spare hands together." Professor Mcgonagall said.

You put your left hand on his shoulder and felt his muscles which you didn't know he had. With his free hand he grabbed your right hand and enclosed it in his. You looked up at him, for he was taller than you and gazed into his icy grey eyes.

"Stop enjoying this," He snapped at you, quietly.

You stood on your tip toes a bit and whispered in his ear, "I bet you wish I'd enjoy it."

Draco looked flustered for a second and you were about to laugh when Mcgonagall began to speak.

"Mr. Filch, if you please?" Mcgonagall said, cueing the music. A slow waltz started playing.

"A one two three, one two three..." Professor Mcgonagall guided you and Draco.

You moved to the music as best you could but you ended up being too fast or too slow.

"You're doing it wrong," Draco whispered, sounding annoyed.

"Oh yeah?" You said. "I'd like to see you do better."

"Alright then," He said, smugly. "Follow my lead."

He grabbed your waist tighter and drew you closer to him. He swayed to the music perfectly and you followed his movements and rhythm.

"I think I got it!" You whispered excitedly. For a small second you could've sworn you saw him smile, but you must have been imagining it.

"Everybody come together," Professor Mcgonagall said, gesturing for everyone to find a partner. The girls stood up rather excitedly. The boys didn't budge. "Boys on your feet!"

Draco gently let go of you, letting his hands linger for a second on your waist. You tried shoving the butterflies down but they wouldn't go away.

"See you around Pierce," He smirked, as he walked back into the crowd of students.

You stood there, looking confused, and processing what had happened when Ginny came up to you.

"Ugh that Malfoy," Ginny scoffed. "He's so full of himself."

"Yeah so full of himself..." You said, still looking in the direction that Draco had left.

"What's wrong?" Ginny asked.

"Nothing, nothing," You smiled, snapping out of the trance. "He's just so full of himself."

"Yup, so you've said." Ginny said, nodding slowly. "Come on, lets go find Harry, Ron, and Hermione."