It's now or never

"I'm afraid despite your exhaustive defensive strategies," You heard Harry shout inside the Great Hall. You took that as your cue and you and the rest of the Order walked through the large doors, entering the Great Hall.

"You still have a bit of a security problem, Headmaster," Harry said to Snape who was standing in the center of the room and watching you walk into the room. "I'm afraid it's quite extensive."

Students gasped and murmured at your sudden entrance. You smiled, Hermione and Neville by your side. The Order including Remus, Fleur, Bill, Dean, Ron, Fred, George, Molly, Arthur, and Kingsley were also standing around you. Together you all looked like a large threat.

"How dare you stand where he stood?" Harry asked Snape. "Tell them how it happened that night! Tell them how you looked him in the eye, a man who trusted you, and killed him! Tell them!"

Suddenly, Snape took out his wand and pointed it at Harry. Before he could cast a spell, Professor Mcgonagall emerged from the crowd, wand at the ready. Snape faltered but then quickly regained his composure and pointed his wand at her. The students all ran to the sides of the room so they wouldn't be caught in the duel.

Professor Mcgonagall flicked her wand at him, red sparks flying in his direction and he used his wand to defend. She kept throwing spells until he couldn't defend anymore and flew out the window in black smoke. The Carrows were lying unconscious or dead on the ground, you couldn't tell. They must have been hit during the fight.

"Coward!" Professor Mcgonagall shouted as Snape escaped.

The room erupted in cheers as Mcgonagall lit the Great Hall, light coming in the room. The room turned dark all of a sudden, regardless of the fire lit. Harry fell onto the ground a concerned look on his face. You were about to check if he was alright, when a scream pierced through the air. It came from the small girl sitting beside you, who was probably a first year. She had her hands over her ears and she was screaming.

You crouched down to her level and put your hand on her shoulder, not knowing what to do. She stopped screaming and someone else started on the other side of the room.

"Are you okay?" You asked the small girl, rubbing her back comfortingly. She nodded timidly.

"I know that many of you will want to fight," A voice that echoed around the room hissed. "Some of you may even think that to fight is wise, but this is folly."

You stood up and looked around. The students all looked terrified. You couldn't find the source of the voice and it sounded as if it were echoing in your head. And you knew who was speaking. You recognized Voldemort's voice from your dinner at Malfoy Manor.

"Give me Harry Potter," Voldemort's voice continued. "Do this and none shall be harmed. Give me Harry Potter and I shall leave Hogwarts untouched. Give me Harry Potter and you will be rewarded. You have one hour."

The voice faded and the lights returned, the room brightening. Everyone turned to look at Harry without moving.

"What are you waiting for?" Pansy shouted and pointed at Harry. "Someone grab him!"

Ginny walked to stand in front of Harry, guarding him. You followed Hermione to do the same. Mcgonagall watched Pansy with a look of disappointment on her face as the rest of the Order stood with Harry.

"Students out of bed! Students out of bed!" Mr. Filch came running into the Great Hall. "Students in the corridor!"

"They are supposed to be out of bed, you blithering idiot!" Mcgonagall scolded.

"Oh, sorry Ma'am." Filch said, his cat in his arms.

"As it happens Mr. Filch, your arrival is most opportune," Mcgonagall made her way through the crowd of students. "If you would, I would like you please, to lead Miss Parkinson and the rest of Slytherin house from the hall."