Staleblood

After washing off the soot on your body with a hot shower, and did your makeup, you changed into one of the outfits Effie prepared for you. It was a long, tight, black silk dress with slits, revealing the sides of your legs. You put your hair up in a complex bun and brought out two wavy strands framing your face. You looked in your reflection, checking your eyeliner and decided it was good. You put on silver heels that matched your silver jewelry.

After descending the stairs carefully, trying not to trip, you entered the dining room. Draco and his parents were already seated at the large table. When you walked in, all eyes turned to you. Draco raised his eyebrows impressed. Even Narcissa and Lucius tried to look disgusted but couldn't. You sat down on the seat next to your boyfriend as gracefully as you could.

"Y/n," Lucius raised an eyebrow. "How wonderful it is seeing you again."

"Likewise," You smiled as small as you were able to.

"So," Narcissa said, cutting up her food. "Draco tells me you have a knack for potions."

"Oh?" You glanced at him before answering. "Yes, it is one of the classes I'm strongest in."

"Maybe you could become a potioneer?" Narcissa smiled. "A very respectable career that is."

"Oh I actually want to become an Auror," You said, taking a sip of your water. "Like my parents."

"Your parents?" Lucius cleared his throat, sharing a look with Narcissa.

"Cierra and Alden Pierce," You clarified. "They were killed by You-know-who's supporters three years ago."

"How tragic," Lucius said, unsympathetically. "I'm sorry for your loss."

"Thanks," You shrugged and took a bite of the food. "This is delicious! Did Soppy make this?"

"Yes, the house elf made it," Lucius said through gritted teeth.

"Remind me to thank her later," You muttered, taking another bite.

"Thank the servant?" Narcissa raised an eyebrow.

"No," You smiled politely. "Thank Soppy."

"Hm," Narcissa looked taken back.

"You are a Gryffindor correct?" Lucius asked. Draco tensed beside you.

"Yes," You said without hesitation.

"And who do you hang out with at school?" Narcissa added.

"Other than Draco?" You smiled glancing at his nervous smile. "Harry, Ron, and Hermione."

"Harry Potter?" Lucius asked, suddenly more interested in the conversation.

"He's a very good friend," You said nodding.

"And Miss Granger?"

"She is one of the most brilliant witches in our year."

"Interesting," He raised an eyebrow. "Considering she's muggle born."

"I don't think that should determine whether she's a good witch or not," You retorted, trying to stay relaxed.

"I don't believe muggles should be going to Hogwarts," He kept his head high. "What a disgrace to the name of wizard."

You glared at him, biting your tongue so you wouldn't say something back.

"Filthy mudblood," He tutted and took a sip of his drink, making you snap.

"Don't call her that!" You stood up from the table.

"Oh please," He rolled his eyes, placing his glass down. "Don't be a blood traitor."