Now we're even

"Good morning," Draco had his clothes on and he was sitting at the foot of your bed. "Happy Christmas!"

"Happy Christmas," You smiled, rubbing your eyes. You swung your legs over the bed and stood up. He walked over to you and gave you a sweet forehead kiss.

"Here," He held out a gift.

"You got me a present?" You grinned excitedly and opened the box. Inside was a familiar silver necklace. It was the same one he got you in fifth year.

"I found it in your cabinet," He told you, smiling nervously. "I figured you could start wearing it again... because I want you to be my girlfriend."

"Oh, Dray," You sighed lovingly. "Of course I'll be your girlfriend! I love it, thank you so much!"

You wrapped your arms around his neck and kissed him. He held your waist and kissed you back.

"Help me put it on?" You asked when you pulled away. He nodded as you turned around and lifted your hair. He wrapped the necklace around your neck and you didn't flinch in the slightest bit. He clasped the hook, securing it. He kissed the back of your neck, letting you know he was finished.

You ran to the mirror in your dorm and looked into it. The lion and snake pendant sparkled beautifully and it looked amazing hanging from your neck. You noticed that the marks Blaise left on your neck had faded and you smiled.

"Thank you," You ran back to Draco and hugged him tightly. He laughed and hugged you back.

"I actually got you something too," You said, and walked over to your luggage. After rummaging through it, you found what you were looking for. You had gone to honeydukes not too long ago and got a box of sweets for your friends. But because you had a change of plans and decided to stay at Hogwarts for Christmas, you couldn't give it to them. So why not give it to Draco?

You passed him the box and he smiled.

"I know it's not much, but I didn't know we were going to be together so-" You started, but were cut off with Draco's lips on yours.

"I love it," He caressed your cheek and you smiled.

After getting ready, you had breakfast and then arrived at Hogsmeade. You walked through the snowy village, stopping by every shop. You and him entered the Three Broomsticks and grabbed butterbeer and pumpkin pasties and sat in a booth in the corner.

"Gosh, I love Christmas," You said, taking a sip of your butterbeer. The pub was decorated with Christmas decor like lights and mistletoe. Draco took a sip of his butterbeer, sitting across from you.

"So what work is Cassie doing?" He asked.

"What are you talking about?" You laughed.

"You know, the reason why you stayed at Hogwarts for Christmas," He explained. "You said she was busy working out of the country-"

"Oh!" You almost spit out your drink. "Uh... she just got a job at the ministry for Protection of Magical Species, and she has to go out of town for it."

This wasn't exactly a lie, she had gotten that job recently, she just didn't have to go out of town. She did work at a cafe but ever since you found out Curtis was a Death Eater, she had to find a better paying job. Curtis wasn't living with you anymore so he couldn't help pay rent.

"Huh," Draco said, not entirely convinced.

"What?" You asked.

"Nothing," He took a bite of his pumpkin pasty.

"Okay," You took a bite of yours. "How is your family doing, by the way?"

He paled.

"What's wrong?" You asked as he said, "They're fine."