You saved me

You woke up in the hospital wing. You were laying on a bed with a warm towel on your head. Moonlight shone through the windows and you looked around.

"Hi Y/n," Hermione said, wiping tears away from her face. She was sitting on the side of your bed, clutching your hand. Ginny sat on the other side of your bed, holding onto your other hand. Harry was standing at the foot of your bed. Behind him, stood Draco, watching you with a worried expression.

"Hi guys," You said. It scared you how frail your voice sounded.

"How are you feeling?" Harry asked.

"Weird," You admitted. You felt lightheaded and weak.

"I'm going to go get Madame Pomfrey," Ginny said, standing up. "I'll tell her that you're awake."

"Draco told us what happened," Hermione explained sadly, as Ginny walked away. "I'm so sorry Y/n, if I had known..."

"It's not your fault," You whispered as tears streamed down her cheeks. "What happened after I fainted?"

"Professor Snape had to pry Draco off Blaise," Harry said. "And then he took Blaise away. I think they'll expel him."

You grimaced.

"He deserves it," Hermione scolded lightly. "Don't feel bad."

"I know," You tried to convince yourself. You looked at Draco, who hadn't said anything. "Thank you, Draco."

Your friends turned to look at him.

"I don't know where I'd be right now if it wasn't for you," You reached your hand and grazed your neck, wincing in pain.

"You're awake," Madame Pomfrey came over to you, making Hermione stand and move beside Harry. Madame Pomfrey checked you and reached up to your neck, you flinched and closed your eyes. She moved her hands back down, looking apologetic and surprised. "I need to check your neck, dear."

You paused, hesitating for a second and lowered your turtleneck. Gasps erupted from your friends as they saw your bruised neck. Draco looked at you with an expression mixed with horror, worry, and anger.

"Y/n, that's awful," Hermione said, her eyes tearing up.

"Okay, I'll try to fix it up, but it will take a few days for it to properly heal," Madame Pomfrey said, silently. "Try to keep it safe from harm."

You nodded slowly and carefully.

"I'm going to go get my equipment," She said, walking to her office.

Hermione sat back down beside you and leaned towards you. You grimaced expecting to be hurt for some reason. She gasped.

"I'm sorry," She cried. "I'm so sorry."

"Please don't cry, Hermione," You said quietly, touching her hair.

Ginny and Harry watched you sadly.

"Okay, I'm back," Madame Pomfrey came up to you.

"You guys can go now," You told them. "It's late, go get some sleep."

"Yes, I'll look after her," Madame Pomfrey agreed.

"We aren't leaving," Harry shook his head.

"I need to tend to her and I can't with all of you surrounded," Madame Pomfrey said kindly. "You can visit her in the morning. She'll spend the night here."

After much hesitation Ginny, Harry, and Hermione all agreed. Hermione squeezed your hand one last time before leaving.

"I love you," She whispered.