Something worth fighting for

You exited the common room through the Fat Lady Portrait for the last time that year, making your way to the train station. Dumbledore had returned as headmaster and for the past week, everything had gone back to normal.

"Y/n!" Draco called, jogging up to you.

"Hi Draco," You said. He put his arm around you, embracing you.

"How's your neck?" He asked, pulling away to take a closer look.

"It's fine," You waved him away. "It doesn't sting anymore, but there's still a mark."

"That's good," He said, looking down. "I'm really sorry that Bellatrix hurt you."

"It's okay," You put a hand on his shoulder. "It's not your fault."

"What's going to happen to your father?" You asked him, as you walked with him through the corridors.

"He's going to Azkaban," He said, avoiding your eyes.

"I'm sorry," You muttered.

"He deserved what he got," Draco said, taking a deep breath.

"You can still be upset about it," You reached over to give him a comforting touch, but he flinched away, startling you. "Is something wrong?"

"No," He said quickly.

"Okay," You said, not convinced. "You know, Bellatrix told me something odd when she was holding me against my will. She said that if I really loved you, I'd join her."

Draco said nothing, still walking.

"I thought that was kind of weird," You continued.

"Bellatrix says a lot of crazy things," Draco avoided your eyes again. "I'm sure it's not important."

"Okay but-"

"Are you going to write over the summer?" He asked, changing the subject.

"As long as you will," You joked. He loosened up a bit. You smiled. "So I was wondering if maybe this summer, you wanted to come to over to my house this time. Because there is no way I'm going back to Malfoy Manor... no offense."

"None taken," He smiled. "I would love that."

"Great!" You beamed. He put his arm around you and you cuddled against him as you walked outside of Hogwarts and towards the train.

"I'll see you on the train, okay?" You told him, spotting Harry, Ron, and Hermione.

"Sure," He kissed the top of your head. You ran towards your friends.

"Hey guys," You said happily.

"Hi Y/n," Hermione intertwined her hand in yours.

"I've been thinking about something Dumbledore said to me," Harry said, as you and your friends turned your attention towards him. "That even though we've got a fight ahead of us, we've got one thing that Voldemort doesn't have."

"Oh really?" Ron asked, happily. "And what's that?"

"Something worth fighting for," Harry replied. You put your arm around him and Hermione, who put her arm around Ron. You made your way onto the train for the tenth time, you thought about what Harry had said. Everything was going to change from now on, with Voldemort being back. But one thing that would never change is the love you feel for Draco and your friends.