#7 you're all my best friends

As the elevator decended I sat on the floor, hugging my knees.....time seemed to be creeping up on me...no all of us.....i think we all felt the same sense of looming dread especially the killer.....whoever the killer is.....i will do my very best to reveal them but my very best might be.....mediocre. "You seem a little on edge....what's the matter?" Maki said as she crouched down so she was at my eye level "im just....scared....of what comes next....what if I m-m-mess everything up and g-get us all k-k-killed! I just met you g-guys and I don't want you to die" Maki paused "I'm not the best at cheering people up but as long as you have evidence to back up everything you say.....we'll probably be fine" "B-but what if-" "If you keep asking 'what if' questions you'll just keep worrying so I recommend that you stop" Maki interrupted...."s-sorry"

The elevator came to a sudden stop with a small shake.....as soon as the doors opened I could feel my nervousness build up inside of me. "Come on let's go, stop moping" Maki said as she reached her hand out to help me up....i reluctantly grabbed her hand and she pulled me up off the ground....i stared at the trial room for a few moments, my legs just...resfused to move "what are you doing let's go!" Maki said as she grabbed my hand again and basically dragged me to the trial room. As soon as we left the elevator the doors shut behind us "welcome! Welcome!" Monokuma said loudly "to your places please!" I paused before standing at my podium that was placed in between shuichi and himiko "Let's start with a brief introduction of the class trial!"....i accidentally tuned him out again until he said "And with further ado....begin!"

But nothing happened we all just stood there in silence...."why aren't you doing anything!" "Well....we don't know what to do" Angie said as she turned towards monokuma "ugh! You're all idiots- FINE! How about you start with the murder weapon" "A bookshelf right?" Himiko said "wow good job himiko you have the power of two human eyes" Kaede said sarcastically as she clapped...somehow also sarcastically "but wait! What if it wasn't the bookshelf and the bookshelf was just to cover up the actual wounds" Tenko intergected...."hm...can you explain for us please" Shuichi said with an interested look on his face "sure, so the killer grabbed a knife from the kitchen and stabbed kiibo!" "I-im sorry for inturupting but something was wrong with that statement!" I yelled with absolutely no confidence in my voice "what was wrong with my thinking" Tenko asked, oblivious to the fact that what she said was incredibly stupid "k-k-kiibo can you.....lift up your shirt j-just so we can see the wounds" Kiibo's face reddened with blush as he looked at monokuma for help "I'll allow it"

Kiibo silently lifted up his shirt but there were no stab wounds just bruises, probably from the books that fell off of the bookshelf "wait then what about the knife! It has to be important it's a knife AKA a prime murder weapon" Tenko said in a mixture of confusion and anger "m-maybe the killer dropped the knife"....everyone looked at me like I had an IQ of 7....all of those eyes on me made me more nervous than I already was which I thought was impossible "H-h-hear me out, the only way you can p-push the bookshelf would be if you got behind it and you can only see the person's shirt if you go behind the bookshelves so maybe....the killer got kaede and kiibo confused and dropped the knife in shock".....there was silence for a second....until kaito said "Are you kidding? That's dumb" "I-i have proof! Kaede gave m-m-me a note that t-told her to meet the killer i-in the library.....s-so the killer was intending to lure her there and k-kill her" That's when rantaro stepped in "But that begs the question, why was it you who found the body yet not kaede herself I mean, surely you have an answer....right?"

I paused before looking down and mumbling "f-forgive me for this lie" Before I looked up and said "kaede was playing chess with me at the time so it is reasonable to assume that she had forgotten about the note" I actually knew for a fact that she didn't forget, she told me that she had somewhere to be but I insisted that she stay a little longer, we even both heard the noise we just assumed that it was nothing..... but if I told them that they would assume that we were working with the killer or that we were the killers....so I can't tell the truth