-Part three-

4th April
9:54 PM

3'rd persons POV

After around 30 minutes of Bokuto and Akaashi just laying on the couch Akaashi's breathing had slowed down and it didn't take long until Bokuto realized that the latter had fallen asleep. He carried him to his bedroom, tucked him in then quietly walked out of the room to finally have some peace. He didn't know what exactly had happened with Akaashi yesterday but he could only imagine the worst.
Akaashi wasn't going to tell him anything until the next day, he started to look into Akaashi's family and past, he couldn't find anyone related to him that he could even contact, all he could do was wait until tomorrow.

-x-x-

Tonight Bokuto slept on the couch just like he told Akaashi he would.
The younger boy woke up, eyes adjusting to the change of lightning and as soon as they did he looked around only to realize that he was in Bokuto's bed, the latter stood up feeling how swollen his eyes were he decided to go take a shower thinking that might help.
As Akaashi was walking to the bathroom, Bokuto heard him and woke up, he wasn't used to having someone else in the apartment. But as soon as he saw that it was just Akaashi he calmed himself down and relaxed his muscles.
At the door to the bathroom Bokuto got up from the couch and put away the blanket and pillow that he slept with, replacing them with decorative pillows.

The older male then continued to the kitchen where he started making breakfast, and as rice was preparing he took out his phone dialing the principals number telling him that he won't be able to show up for work today and that he is sick.

Just as he was saying his goodbyes Akaashi walked into the kitchen looking at him confused as if trying to ask who his teacher could've called this early in the morning.

''I called the principal and told him that I'm not going to show up at work today, and you're going to do the same thing about 5 minutes before school starts'' Akaashi sighed drying off his damp hair with the towel he still had on his shoulders ''Why's that?'' He looked up at his teacher, meeting his eyes.

''Your eyes are all swollen Akaashi, did you look at yourself in the mirror?'' He questioned before looking off to the side ''Will you tell me what that call was about?'' Akaashi's eyes widened as he remembered the call he had gotten yesterday.
''It was something about your parents, right?'' He continued seeing that Akaashi didn't seem to want to remember what happened yesterday, but he needed to know if he was right, if he had thought of the right thing.

''Yeah it's about them'' He took a deep breath in as he tried to stop the tears that threatened to fall ''They're dead.. And I couldn't say a proper goodbye'' Akaashi's voice cracked as he wiped the tears away.

''I'm sorry'' Bokuto spoke with a certain pity in his voice. THey were quiet for a few minutes as Bokuto stood there patting Akaashi's back in an attempt to show him some support. He saw how devastated Akaashi was and let the topic go. When the rice cooker slowly opened revealing the freshly cooked rice Bokuto went ahead and gave Akaashi some extra space.

He then broke the awkward silence by speaking up ''Until we think of anything you're staying here'' Akaashi looked up at him with wide eyes and shock clear on his face.
After Akaashi had enough time to collect himself Bokuto went ahead and cooked some eggs that they would eat for breakfast and while he was finishing up with the food, Akaashi put down two plates and two pairs of chopsticks on the table.
They sat down and started eating breakfast, it was quiet around the table and Akaashi was trying not to think about his parents. He would have to face the truth someday but that day isn't today, he wasn't ready. And Bokuto was gonna be with him every step of the way.
While Akaashi kept picking at his food and eating very small bits at a time, Bokuto was looking over some tests that he held a safe distance from the food to be sure he didn't spill any on the papers.

''Hey I have a spare room that we could turn into your bedroom if you want'' Bokuto smiled at the boy reassuringly. After they had eaten and Akaashi had called in sick to school they decided to sit in the living room. Bokuto was still doing something on his computer while Akaashi was messaging with Oikawa. Speaking of Oikawa, he hadn't yet told him about his parents and the fact that he didn't know about it made it easier to pretend like it never happened.
Akaashi glanced up at Bokuto who had that sympathetic smile on his face again, the same one he had the day before.

Akaashi nodded ''Oh and we could get the furniture from my room at my family home... I'm not 18 so the house is going to be sold sooner or later and I won't inherit it so might as well'' He quickly spoke with a small smile on his face. Bokuto nodded as he stuffed his laptop back into its bag.
''Would you be fine with me being your guardian?'' Bokuto suddenly asked catching Akaashi off guard, I mean someone would have to be his guardian and it's only for a year since he's 17 already.
Akaashi decided that it wouldn't be half bad, after all he seemed to somehow blindly trust Bokuto. It was as if he knew him spiritually, of course they had a lot of catching up to do when it came to likes and dislikes etc.. But he felt that he knew him on a spiritual level.
He slowly nodded and watched as Bokuto's smile grew. It was yet again one with sympathy but you could also see the pure happiness in his eyes.

Akaashi had been wearing the clothes he had on yesterday up until he showered earlier this morning, Bokuto had left him a pair of sweats and a t-shirt which were very clearly much too big.

-x-x-

They had gone to Akaashi's house and as the younger boy was packing his clothes and the rest of the stuff that he wanted to keep, Bokuto packed the car with his furniture and drove to his apartment to leave the furniture there, he got some help from one of his neighbors who saw him struggling. When the bed and desk was in place he thanked his neighbor and drove back to Akaashi's family home and picked him up with all the stuff he had packed.
Bokuto had a spare room that was supposed to be his office but he never got around to furnishing it so now it was Akaashi's bedroom, it wasn't a huge room but it was perfect for Akaashi.
After they arrived at Bokuto's place Akaashi started unpacking his stuff again into the closet that was in the room. Bokuto told him he was going to go to the store to buy some stuff so Akaashi was left alone to unpack.