-Part twenty one-

Wednesday
1:12 AM

Bokuto's POV

I arrived at the hospital a few hours ago, Akaashi was in a different room. I wasn't allowed to meet him yet I waited patiently with Oikawa, Iwaizumi and Suna.
Me and Oikawa talked a little while waiting for the nurse to tell us anything new.
"Who even gave him the weed?" I asked looking at the three teenage boys in front of me, they all froze until Oikawa spoke "We don't know that, all we know is that he passed out after a while" he said scratching the back of his neck. I saw that he was lying.
I sighed and looked at Iwaizumi who froze when I looked at him, "I'm guess you were at a club with him?" I said before seeing all the teenage boys nod," God, kids you don't have to be scared of me it's not like I will kill you or anything" I smiled before continuing " the only person I will be mad at is Akaashi, because he didn't tell me that he was going out to a club" I sighed before reaching for a pack of cigarettes in my pocket.
I took out the cigarettes that I had in my pocket and looked around if there was a sign that you weren't allowed to smoke, to my surprise there wasn't one, I lit up the cigarette and brought it to my mouth inhaling the disgusting taste.
Oikawa looked at me before saying, "I didn't know that you smoked Bokuto-sensei " I looked at him while blowing out the smoke " I try not to but it's hard when I'm stressing out, Akaashi doesn't like it tho" I laughed at the end.
Iwaizumi looked up from his phone " wouldn't it be better to stop? Akaashi has the right to not like it, I don't think anyone would enjoy it if someone they know and...admire would be doing such a thing to themselves" Iwaizumi spoke slowly and stopped before saying the word 'admire' as if he was trying to use the right words, it almost looked like he was trying to hide something.
I sighed nodding and patting the cigarette with my finger to let the burnt nicotine fall to the ground.
"I haven't smoked in a while, but recently the habit came back and I've started to smoke more often" I said after breathing in more of the now almost burnt out cigarette.
A nurse came by and told us that we could go in to Akaashi's room but we had to be careful not to startle him.
Me and the teenage boys got up and walked after the nurse as she showed us the way.
We walked in to the room and l immediately ran towards Akaashi's bed.
Akaashi looked at me with tired eyes that quickly widened after he realized who I am.
''I'm... I'm sorry Bokuto-san'' He said while hiding his face under the covers.
I looked at him angrily ''We will have a long talk when you come back home.'' I stated looking down at him as I sat on the chair beside his bed.
Oikawa and Iwaizumi walked over to him and smiled softly as he looked at them, ''Hey Aka-chan I don't think you should be smoking anymore'' Oikawa said as he played with the sleeve of his white button up shirt that was covered with the purple t-shirt.
''As if anyone would be able to stop me.'' Akaashi scoffed, I think he forgot that I was still next to him. I cleared my throat catching Akaashi's attention and he pretended like he hadn't said anything earlier.
''Sir?'' A nurse came up to me, ''Can I speak to you privately?'' she asked and I nodded as we walked out of the room.
''Akaashi is alright and everything but we've noticed scars'' The nurse handed me a bunch of papers before continuing ''They look like self harm scars, and they seem to be quiet new'' the nurse looked me in the eyes.
''Did you know about him harming himself?'' She asked me and I looked down, ''Yes I do know about the scars but, I thought he stopped I've been doing everything to try and help with them.'' I looked up at her with sad eyes, I actually thought that he had stopped with that.
Akaashi I thought you were a quiet kid that wouldn't bring me any trouble.
''Well I suggest that you check up on him everyday, at least once'' The nurse looked sad ''I'm sorry, I know it's not something I should care about but, why does he self harm? do you know?'' she asked me with pity in her eyes.
I don't want your pity.
''Yes, recently his family died which is the reason to me being his new guardian'' I stated looking her in the eyes, she nodded and pointed at one of the papers she had given me earlier.
''When we asked if he took any medicine he said that he takes sleeping medicine and that he takes pain killers quiet often, is that true? and are those medicine his doctor has told him to take?'' I nodded, ''Yes he takes sleeping medicine and pain killers quiet often, I could say that he lives off of that.''I stopped talking and sighed before continuing ''He has horrible headaches that he can barely stand.'' the nurse looked at me and nodded before we walked over to the receptionist who told me to write under some papers .

-

I had picked up medicine from the hospital, they said that Akaashi would have to take these for a while.
I went in to the room where Akaashi was laying and I saw that Oikawa was hugging him, it brought a smile to my face.
I walked in and everyone looked at me, one of the boys walked over to me his name was Suna Rintarou he attended to Fukurodani.
He came over to ma and started to speak, ''I'm Sorry Bokuto-sensei, I'm the one that gave him the blunt..'' Suna looked down and took a deep breath ''It's not like I wanted him to smoke but he asked for the blunt so I gave it to him, I saw the pain in his eyes. he told  me that he needed a break from reality so I thought that you may need to talk to him about what is bothering him, I'm not saying this so that he can get all the blame or whatever but I just want him to be happy'' Suna said to me, before I could process what I was told he walked out of the room waving to the rest.
I walked over to Akaashi,I looked at my wristwatch and looked at what time it was.
6:51 AM
I went over to Akaashi and asked the other boys to go home, their parents must be worried sick by now.
''Akaashi I brought a change of clothes for you, go change and we can get going'' I said coldly still thinking about what Suna had told me, was it true that Akaashi wasn't truly happy? and what the nurse told me it just couldn't stop haunting me.
After Akaashi changed we walked to receptionist and I had to write down my name on a few of the papers until they let us out, I didn't say a word I was still thinking about all that has happened to me and Akaashi today.
When we got in the car and I started the engine Akaashi spoke, ''I'm sorry Bokuto-san, I'm guessing that the nurse told you about the scars..'' I looked at him and nodded before maneuvering the car out of the parking lot.
I got on the road as I spoke ''Suna also told me about something, you want to tell me what it is about or am I going to have to guess as always?'' I asked seriously, I knew that Akaashi knew what I meant. He is not that stupid.
''You will probably have to guess'' he said looking out the window as we drove next to a car with a happy family, two kids and both of the parents laughing and talking.
''Akaashi, are you really not happy with the life you have right now?'' I asked hesitantly as I tried to keep a straight face while looking at the road.
Akaashi looked at me shocked, at least from what I could see; I didn't want to look at him so I only saw with the corner of my eye.
''Of course I am! it's just...'' Akaashi looked out the window again as he paused for a few seconds trying to choose the right words, ''it's just that I miss my family and my parents'' I looked at him for a spare second before looking back at the road.
''About what Suna told you, it's pretty self explanatory honestly'' He chuckled quietly, ''I needed a break from reality but instead I worried everyone around me and wasted everyone's time'' he sighed now closing his eyes and leaning against the window.
I stayed quiet for the rest of the ride trying to process everything, I didn't want to lock him in the car and make him feel pressured to answer my questions so I decided to wait until we arrived at home.

Finni~