𝙫𝙞. 𝙨𝙞𝙭

Chapter Six.

On my way home, it begins to rain, it beats down on my windshield and makes it incredibly hard to see the road. "Shit," I curse. I turn my windshield wipers on high and watch as they quickly wipe away the water away but it still doesn't do anything to help me see.

The weather was fine when I left but as I grew closer to home it was like the worse storm ever came down on me. I'm squinting, all of a sudden I see a woman in a white dress standing in the middle of my lane.

I stomp on my breaks which sends my car screeching and sliding over the road, I'm thrown into my door so hard it knocks the breath out of me. Suddenly, the rain stops as if it's been turned off and the last thing I see is my car hurling towards the wooded area.

I scream one last time before I hit the steering wheel, everything goes black.

"Wake up, Scarlet." I hear a soft voice, I lift my head but it feels heavy and it hurts. I cough, the pain it sends through my body makes me whimper.

My vision is blurred and I hear my car door open, I feel someone place their hand on my back and the side of my face.

"Help me," I can barely breath, the pain is too much. My head falls and the last thing I notice is something is now inside of me. Blood runs from the wound, down my shirt and into my lap.

When I open my eyes, it seems to be a small cabin I'm in. My eye lids feel heavy, I try to sit up but a nauseating pain washes through me. I lay back down, scared and confused.

"Where am I?" I ask, nervously. I'm not in my home, this looks like a small wooden cabin or shack because the ceilings are wood and the walls, I notice the window in my view. The weather has cleared up.

"You're safe," I hear a woman's voice. "Here," I hear her walk towards me and I turn to look at her. She has dark glowing skin, her curly hair is thick and large, she has beautiful light brown eyes that compliments her skin and smile. It's the woman that was in the road, her long white gown reaching the bends of her knees.

She hands me a wooden bowl, "Drink this." She puts the bowl to my lips, the liquid is sour but not unbearable. "It'll help heal you quicker." I allow the liquid to pass my lips.

"I know you're probably scared but I'm your caregiver, Sariah." She explains, I acknowledge how beautiful the name Sariah is. "I needed to get you alone and I'm sorry. I didn't expect the wreck." I mentally scream on the inside, she could've just came to me another way instead of making me total my car.

"Here," She hands me a bottle of blood, "It's O, it'll help you heal faster." I began to drink the blood quickly, while doing so she rips my shirt open. I almost choke when I see what's lodged into my stomach, a piece of glass.

"I have to pull it out." She takes the piece of glass and pulls it, the burning pressure causes me to scream and gasp for air. "I am so sorry," She cringes and places a bandage over my wound.

Immediately, the blood seeps through the white bandage. "My parents-" They're probably worried sick.

"Shh, they're waiting for you." The words make me pause, my breathing erratic.

"My biological parents are waiting?" I ask, wincing at the sharp pain. She nods, I drink the rest of the blood and I feel better but not enough.

There is a moment where she hands me bottle after bottle, until I fall asleep from exhaustion. I wonder where my real parents are and what they're doing and if they know that I'm hurting.