𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞. 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

Chapter Seventeen.

I never felt fear like that, what was pure bliss turned into complete and utter fear. I just wanted to get over the urge but a part of me believes I wanted him regardless. It hurt seeing his face, half of me believed that he was innocent and he didn't know but the other part of me just wanted to forget about all of it. Even though I knew that was impossible.

Sariah was pissed when I came home when she saw me crying, her face softened and she ran to me. I explained what happened and apologized for being so rude to her, I didn't want her to be angry with me. She just told me that these things will happen and I'll learn it's just her job to prevent me from being hurt. She partially felt guilty for leaving me alone knowing his blood was in my system.

I'm sitting on my bed with bags of school supplies, I remember when my old parents use to buy me this. I thought school wouldn't even exists in a world of demons but I guess I was wrong. "Let's go to the training grounds, I know you don't want to but it's been long enough." I nod and follow her back to her car.

I'm lost in my thoughts when we pull into what looks to be an arena. I notice there's two. "This one is the training arena," She points to the one closest to us. "That one way over there is where we practice magic." I didn't expect the arenas to be so large.

There's a bunch of people outside, some is laying on the vibrant greenery and others are talking to one another. I see two guards by the entrance, Sariah smiles at them and in unison they bow their heads. Stepping out of her way, they glance at me and then turn back into their previous position.

I hear all kinds of banter and laughter, when I enter I notice seats surround us. I kick the grass under my shoe and hurry to get next to Sariah. "How many people is here?" I ask, I look around and notice a shit ton of men and women in the bleachers and on the field. It looks kind of like a stadium, there's students lined up battling others with swords, bows and arrows.

"A lot. Follow me," She says, I notice a few people looking at me and whispering. Sariah leads me to a big man with armor, he's at least six foot ten and his massive size immediately intimidated me. He's got dark hair, dark eyes and a mean look.

"Sir, this is Scarlet. She'll start training very soon. We was just coming to get her Kit." She stands straight with her hands behind her back, he's staring at me.

"Come in then." He motions for us to follow him, he walks to the large bags that's aside the wall. "She's a small?" He asks, I nod and be digs into the bag.

"You can buy your own Kit, I don't really care but just be here on time and be ready to fight." He demands, he pulls a small piece of chest armor, it looks similar to a vest that you slip over your head. He grabs to metal pieces that shields my forearms and then he motions for us to follow him again.

He leads up the stairs to the rolls of benches, I'll just call them bleachers. "Now, you need a weapon and you need to figure out what is right for you and what fits you." He explains, he grabs a duffle bag that's hidden under one of the benches and opens it.

He begins to display some weapons, the first one is a long boring sword. The second weapon is a wooden bow and arrow. "These are practice weapons, you test them to feel them out. Listen to me carefully," He points his large thick finger at me. "If you get your own weapon which the Van Doren's always have their own weapons customized, bring mine back. These are our for the newbies who need to get a feel." I nod and thank him.

He throws them in the bag and hands me the duffle bag. "I hope you're strong like your mother because she danced circles around my men." He tells me, turning away. I smile at the thought, he leaves us in the bleachers and I turn to Sariah.