𝙭𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞. 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙚𝙫𝙚𝙣

Chapter Twenty Seven.

I've locked myself in the room while I pack my things and I wonder how I'm going to explain this to my parents. I still hear Dawson yelling downstairs and Lennox doesn't seem to mind to yell in return. "My job is to keep you safe and to keep you alive." Lennox explains.

Can you come to pick me up?

The message immediately delivers and is read.

Yes, what's wrong?

I suddenly realize I'm being hunted by Demon Soldiers and the last thing I need to do is involve Zeke.

Nothing, nevermind. I'll be home soon.

I hear footsteps coming toward my door, it sounds like Dawson. He realizes it's locked and I roll my eyes as he mentally unlocks the door, the lock slowly turns and he opens the door. I would never have privacy if I lived with him. His eyes land on me, I'm sitting on the floor with my things and I don't say anything.

"You're not going anywhere." He takes a seat next to me.

"No, I am." I correct him, ignoring the lump in my throat.

He seems hurt, "I did almost get you killed-" He scoffs.

"Scarlet, no you didn't. It's not your fault." He shakes his head and stares at me, I keep my eyes off of him and I feel him take my hand. "I want you, I don't give a single shit what you come with. You could come with the whole world as your enemy and I'd still want you." His words dig under my skin, I feel tears begin to brim my eyes.

I could accept him but that's putting him in danger and that's selfish. "I want you too but-" I shake my head.

He leans towards me and kisses my temple. "Don't go." His voice trembled slightly, he places his hand on the other side of my face and kisses my cheek and then my lips. "Scarlet, please." He begs, he closes his eyes and I feel my heart breaking in my chest.

He stands and pulls me up with him, "What are you doing?" I ask, he's pulling me towards the shower.

"I'm giving you a reason not to go." He pushes me against the counter and pulls his shirt up my body and over my head.

"Reason number one, I've never trusted anyone enough to even think about opening up about my parents." He pulls his shirt over his head and I smile, blushing. "Do you know how hard it is to tell someone that you're a fucking child of that?" He shoves his pants down, leaving his jeans to pool at his feet.

"I couldn't imagine how hard that was."

"Number two, I'm fucked up about you. I'm feeling shit for you, " He turns on the shower and I cover my mouth trying to hide my smile. "Like, Bonnie and Clyde fucked up." I sadly look him in the eyes.

"Dawson, please-"

"No." He kisses me and I realize he's purposely making this harder for me so I won't go. Tears brim my eyes. "Number three, I think we're good together despite everything." He lifts me off the counter and steps into the shower with me, I securely wrap my arms around his neck because I don't want him to drop me. "I don't care if demon soldiers are coming for you, they'll just have to come for me too. We'll fight them together." He makes me look him in the eyes.

"Number four, all you do is drink blood and fuck and I can cook well." He grins, he sits in the tub as the hot water hits my back. I'm straddling him and I can't help but smile at reason number four.

"Number five, I can take you close to the moon."

I can't help but laugh, the reasons are slowly getting smaller and smaller. "I can't give you a thousand reasons why you should stay but I do know with my whole heart you wouldn't regret it." His voice gets soft and I stare into his oceanic blue eyes.