𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙞𝙞. 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙩𝙝𝙧𝙚𝙚 | ✓

Chapter Thirty-Three.

The door opens and Zeke walks in, "Oh hey." He sounds happy to see me, I turn and when he sees the state I'm in his eyes widen in shock. "Scarlet?" He hurries towards me and cups my face.

"Yeah? I look like a spider." I can't help but to roll my eyes, I sound extremely bitter.

"You fucking do not." He snaps, "You look badass, you look hot." I study him and look at the floor. "I know it seems fucking crazy but-" He takes my hand and places it over his heart, his heart is racing and his blood is rushing to one spot of his body. "See? I don't get turned on by spiders." He spits the last word and I can't help but laugh.

"Scarlet, you look sick." His voice is full of concern, "You look starved." He pulls me toward the bed and I am. I don't know why I just am. He sits me down and I can't help but feel a little guilty, I just didn't want to feed on someone who thinks I look like a fucking spider. It hurt my confidence a lot. "You need to be careful about feeding on him anyways, you could react similarly." I hadn't thought of that, I feel fine from his blood.

I can't help but exhale when he takes his shirt off, his pale skin makes his veins more visible. He stands in front of me, suddenly I grab him by the throat and throw him on to the bed. He tenses and I can tell he's scared. "I'm sorry, " I gush feeling like an asshole.

He nervously laughs. "It was hot." He shrugs it off and I open my mouth to show him my fangs. His eyes widen. "They're long, " He tells me, nervously reaching his hand out. He touches my fang with his index finger, the sharpness cuts his finger.

I smell his blood and my senses feel like they're driving me crazy. "Do you want to cut or do you want my fangs? Please hurry." I beg, I feel like I'm losing control. I have no idea what's wrong with me.

"Go ahead." He nervously swallows and turns his head, showing his bare neck to me. I gently hold his head and I push my fangs into his skin, he jerks and grips my waist extremely hard. It cuts through his skin like paper and I taste his blood as it fills my mouth.

I hum in satisfaction, it feels like I'm starving and dehydrated and his blood is like cool crisp water and an amazing meal. I feel him grind himself against me, "It feels really good." He stammers, his eyes are closed. I feel his cock harden against me, he gasps and bites his lip. "Fuck, " He moans. I find myself not finding this sexual, I find it.. endearing and beautiful.

"Scar.." He breaths, I get worried and pull my fangs from his neck. He looks up at me with admiration in his eyes, I don't feel so angry anymore. I feel fine, I remove myself from him, and for the first time since my fangs came in. I see myself in a mirror. I hear him wiping the remaining blood and getting dressed, I feel a little nauseous.

I don't see how anyone thinks of me as beautiful when I look like this, I bare my teeth and even scare myself. "Scarlet, " His voice is soft and he sits next to me. "You're beautiful." I lay my head on his shoulder, I close my eyes and relax, and when I open them my eyes return to normal. I retract my fangs and hate that side of me.

I kiss him on the cheek, "Thank you." I stand and leave him in the bedroom. I notice my things are downstairs, I guess we're leaving tonight. I walk to the bookshelf and lean against it, I can't believe that this is happening.

"There is a secret passage behind the bookshelf." Lennox comes from behind me, I jump nervously and he apologizes. "He's down there." He tilts a bright red book out of the second roll, I step away from the bookshelf as I hear gears turn behind it. "Hurry, no one else knows about it. I'd like to keep it that way." He tells me, it moves outward, giving me two feet to slip behind it.

I step inside the darkness and the bookshelf immediately conceals me behind it. Automatic lights turn on and I notice I'm at the top of a staircase. I question why Dawson didn't tell me about this. I notice picture frames and candles in each cubby hole, one photo is of a young Dawson.