𝙭𝙞𝙞𝙞. 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

Chapter Thirteen.

I wake up in agonizing pain, my bones feels as if they're breaking and I'm covered in sweat. I feel the pain, I can also hear myself screaming and writhing in agony.

My mother, father and Sariah comes through the door. and I can't seem to focus on anything but the pain. I hear my mother and father enter the room. I hear my mother's heels tap on the tile floors which comforts me.

"Honey, we're trying to keep you from the pain. We're doing everything we can." My mother sits beside me, I feel like I'm not even in my own body. I lay silent, the pain makes me wish for death and it feels like I grow more and more weak.

A pain shoots up my back and I can only whimper. "Please, make it stop." I breath, I always had a high pain tolerance but this was nothing I had ever felt. I knew everyone went through it and it made me feel weak that I allowed the pain to show.

"I know, sweetheart. We're going to put you under, please hold tight. It's okay." My mother leaves the bed and I hear a unknown woman's voice before I feel her fingers on my forehead. She's chanting in another language.

I'm sitting in my room, "Hey." I hear Dawson enter my bedroom. "You're in bad shape." He sits next to me and even in my dream, I feel tired. He studies me in concern.

"I just want it to stop, it hurts." I shake my head, I feel his arm snake around my waist and I allow him to pull me into him. The small gesture makes me feel good and warm.

"I can help you." He tells me, I lift my head from the crook of his neck.

"How?" I study him.

"My blood can heal you. You're changing, we all been through it." He informs me. "It's just you seem to be in worse shape, maybe it's because you hold more power." He assumes, shrugging. "Let me come over and I'll help you." Drinking his blood seems very personal and intimate.

I can't seem to think so I just nod. "Is this real? Like a real dream? Can't you just feed me now?" I look around my room, the corners of the room are blurry.

"It's a dream, it's not real. I need to physically be with you to do this." He informs me, I nod.

I wake up, I suck in a breath from the pain in my side and I gasp when I see Dawson on my roof. He unlocks my window with his mind, when he enters I notice the beautiful pair of white wings protruding from his bare back.

"You have wings?" My voice is weak and raspy. Even in this moment, I admire how beautiful he is.

"Yes." He walks to my bed and pulls the covers off of me. "You're pouring the sweat," He looks around and walks to the IV platter. "Fuck it," He sighs.

He pulls out a switchblade, "This won't-won't kill me, right?" I try to look at my bracelet when he comes toward me.

"Scarlet, I would never hurt you. Please just trust me," I watch as he drags the blade across his chest. The wound is deep, he apologizes as he lifts me into his arms and places me into his lap. It's almost as if I'm a child.

I almost scream when it feels like my bones break from the movement but he stops me. "No, no. Don't. They'll know I'm here." He holds me in his arms and in any other circumstances I would've probably have refused.

I place my mouth to the wound, his blood is sweet and he slowly lays down. He pulls me with him. As I lay on him, he pushes my damp hair out of my face. I keep drinking the blood that fills my mouth, he groans slightly.

He clears his throat, I wonder if I'm hurting him and then I realize that it's not painful but it's pleasuring him. "It's okay, keep going." As minutes go by, I began to feel less light headed, less hot and less weak.

I pull away from the wound, I watch as it heals before my eyes. "That's not enough-" He urges, I shake my head.

"I can't, it'll hurt you." I refuse.

"No, it won't. Trust me," I look into his large blue eyes and I glance at my bracelet.

"Okay." I give in, he places the tip of the blade to his neck and I watch as he drags it. Blackish red blood seeps from the cut, I lean in and press my lips to his neck and I relax when I feel his hand caressing my aching back.

He lets me feed for almost an hour straight, with the constant reassuring me that I'm not hurting him. When I pull away, I feel okay. I feel good actually like the night before but nowhere near as high it seemed to make me.

"Scarlet, I have to warn you. It's going to take a moment to hit you but my blood is really powerful." He drags his fingers against the wounds and they heal. He allows me to lay on him, I'm much smaller but I'm still worried of suffocating him.

It takes a moment for the tingling sensation to shoot from my upper back to my lower and I fall back into pure bliss. I'm almost terrified of how good I feel. "Yeah," He blushes, studying me with a soft smile.

"You looked really bad, Scar." He brings his hand to my face and pushes the hair out of my eyes.

"I need a shower." I tell him, feeling slightly dirty. I feel amazing, almost high. He closes his eyes and says something in another language, I watch as a black mist covers my bedroom door.

"Okay, come on." He tells me, taking my hand. "That's to prevent your parents from hearing what's going on so they won't come in here." I nod, thinking of how handy that seems.

Even though I feel fine, his sweet gesture of helping me out of bed makes my heart flutter. He turns on the bathroom light and he turns to me. He hooks his fingers at the lace end of my nightgown before lifting it up and over my head.

"It's okay, just trust me." His deep voice is soft as silk, I feel a tingle shoot through my neck causing me to giggle.

He gives me a sad smile, "I'm sorry." He apologizes.

I'm slightly confused by his apology. "You helped me, thank you so much." He didn't have to come to my mom and give me his blood, it was an extremely kind gesture and I will never forget it.

He motions for me to get in the shower. I notice he's still dressed. "You coming?" I ask, stepping inside. His eyes widen and he hesitates to make sure I'm not joking. "Yes, come on." I motion for him to come, he begins to undress.