𝙭. 𝙩𝙚𝙣

Chapter Ten.

I couldn't sleep at all last night, it was like someone hooked a battery cable to me. I was shaking throughout the night. I didn't know if it was because of him or the change.

"What's wrong, sweetheart?" My mom asks as she picks out my dress and shoes for the dinner party. She's in the closet so I can't see her.

"Something happened to me last night." I decide that I wasn't going to hold back, I was going to be honest with my parents and actually go to them when I needed them.

I hear her stop ruffling and she steps out and looks at me. "Wanna talk about it?" She asks, I can tell she wants me too.

"This boy came to me while I was in the shower." I watch as her face retorts from calm to anger. "He was blonde, blue eyes and he was a hybrid." I try to explain it to her, she listens until I'm finished and she huffs.

"Honey, there will be Incs coming into your dream especially where you're young, beautiful and new." She explains to me. "Whatever you choose to do in that moment is your choice but when you tell them no and they don't leave you alone," She pauses and takes a deep breath. "Let us know." I nod.

I decide to let it go, yes it scared me and yes it weirded me out mainly because it never happened. I slip on the beautiful pearl white dress and diamond strap heels.

My mother laces the straps up my legs, "They're so pretty." I tell her, I admire the way the knee high heels look. It's such a beautiful look and it's different.

"Honey," My mom sits me in the chair in front of the mirror. All kinds of make up and hair accessories lay on the dresser.

"Yeah?" I watch as she does my hair.

"You're going to go through a lot and I'm sorry." She runs her fingers through my hair. "But one thing you always need to be is safe and we need to know things like that." She explains, I understand.

"I know."

"Even if it may seem personal and kind of embarrassing, we can still prevent him from coming into your dreams again." I think about her words.

"I don't know. I just want to let it go. He said he wanted to get to know me but I guess the way he came about just kind of made me nervous." I stare into the large oval mirror, the small bulbs light up the mirror and makes it clear to see.

"You said he was a hybrid? With what?" She's focused on my hair, a gold clip is in her hands.

"Incubus and Angel."

She gasps and drops the clip, she takes a step back and covers her mouth as if she had just heard the most awful thing in the world. Concern fills her eyes and I turn to look at her.

She comes in front of me and grips my face. "Scarlet, whatever you do, do not get involved with him." Tears brim her eyes, "This is not because I have anything against him it's just he's mixed with something that could kill you in a blink of an eye." I take in her words.

"What?"

"Honey," She kneels. "Even if he does just want to be with you or he likes you, he can kill you very easily. He holds very powerful things that conflict with us." I nod, she kisses my forehead.

"It is very rare for a Demon and Angel to mate, for them to have a child especially." She explains, she continues to work on my hair. "We've been fighting Angels for as long as I can remember, he's born with both so if you two was to be together there's things in his body that tries to kill you. To kill out the evil." She rolls her eyes on the last word.