𝙭𝙡𝙞𝙫. 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧 | ✓

xliv. forty four
──── ⋅◈⋅ ────

IT'S BEEN A HARD WEEK, if I'm not training than I'm practicing magic and when I'm not doing that, I'm paying attention to school. Dawson has grown irritable with me. "We never get a moment anymore. Everyone wants you know." He huffs, I find it endearing that he wants to spend this time with me but it's crucial I train or the next time I'll end up dead.

"I have to do this. Last time I could've died." I tell him, I wish he could understand how important it is to me to prosper here. "Dawson, what's wrong?" He looks at me, he hasn't touched his food.

"I don't want to share you." Silence falls between us, I push the food around on my plate. "Everybody fucking wants you now. The Queen, The Towers, everyone in The Towers, even the fucking guards." I haven't left The Castle since I've been here. It's been weeks, Dawson is allowed to roam freely. I don't know what he's speaking of that The Towers and everyone in it wants me but I could care less.

"You don't have to share me. Dawson, I want you it's just I'd like to train and do things with myself. I can't just lay in bed all day with you." I tread lightly. "I'm yours." He sighs, pinching the bridge of his nose.

"You don't seem to really give a shit anymore." His voice sounds bitter.

"I do, just because I'm busy trying to prepare for a war doesn't mean I don't care." My chest begins to hurt, why is he acting like this? Tears brim my eyes and I stare at my thighs.

"I just-"

"You just, what?" I snap. He's taken back. "You want to leave? You want to leave me because I'm not up your ass twenty-four-seven? I'm sorry, I didn't choose this shit." I stand and push the chair back. "You can leave. If you're just so miserable. I'm not holding you back or begging you to stay with me."

"Scarlet, I didn't-"

I slam the door behind me and hurry down the large hall, I look out onto The Towers. I wish I could go there. I didn't choose this fucking life and he's not about to make me feel bad for preparing for a war. He knows it's coming, he knows what Zeke wants to do with me yet he wants me with him all the fucking time. It was almost like he had a possessive problem, I didn't even want to think about the way he acted when he met my trainer.

Once I get to my room I sit on my bed. The bedroom door opens and Dawson storms in, slamming the door. "What the fuck was that?" He yells, I guess we're doing this today and right now. "All I wanted to do was fucking speak to you." He narrows his eyes at me.

"No, you want to passively get me to fucking quit training and magic practice so you can have me all goddamn day." I raise my voice. "I didn't plan to be hunted by fucking Satan and his army and I sure in the fuck didn't plan you, what should I do? What do you want from me?" I cry, fighting with him is always the one thing that tears me down quicker than anything. I honestly believe us fighting hurt more than hell ever could.

"You. I want it to be like how it once was." He says quietly.

"It'll never be the same. How it once was? So what? You mind-fucking me every change you get and feeling guilty for it?" Hurt flashes in his eyes and I rub my temples. "You're suppose to fight for people you love when times get tough, you're not suppose to break just because they get busy. It's not like I'm choosing to be fucking hunted." I bitterly tell him, he looks at the floor and I roll my eyes.