𝙭𝙡. 𝙛𝙤𝙧𝙩𝙮 | ✓

xl. forty
──── ⋅◈⋅ ────

DAWSON

"SCARLET!" I shove the man over, my wings rip from my back and I lunges over the cliff. I see her, she's falling and growing closer to the ground, she's not screaming or flailing. She just looks at me as she falls through the air, my wings flap and I'm inches away from her. I wrap my arms around her, I let my wings spread like a parachute and we stop. I was lucky enough to catch her, she was ten to fifteen from the hard ground that would've killed her.

She buries her face into my neck, wrapping her arms around me. Once my feet lands on the ground, she slowly pulls away from me. She looks weak, "It hurts." She stands and falls into my arms. I look around us, the bodies lay around us but there's no sign of the remaining men. I pull her away from me and study the gash, I lay her down and lift her shirt. She's shaking, I cringe when I see the gash is horribly infected.

"They used a weapon to weaken you." There's no way that infection came from just a normal blade of a knife. That was a weapon that was made to harm her, probably weaken her to where she's not able to fight. They knew how powerful she was, fucking cowards.

"Please. I don't want to go to hell." She breaths, a tear slipping down her face. I slit my palm and run my blood over  the oozing gash, my blood seems to fight the infection. It must be the angel genetics. I watch as the yellow oozing infection bubbles, almost like acid as my blood attacks it.

"Dawson!" I flinch when I hear Sterling's voice, he's covered from the nose down in blood. "Get her up, we have to go. I killed all the men but the leader and the main man got away." He lifts Scarlet's body. "Lucifer is pissed." It's weird hearing someone call the prick that but that's what he is. He's nasty, pathetic, my fingers twitch. I have such a strong undeniable urge to kill him, I stop in my tracks.

"Daws-"

I drop to my knees, she's no longer yours she's evil. She has his blood, she is soul bonded to the son of Satan. She is what makes him double in strength, kill her.

The voice in my head is so loud. I feel like I can't breath. "Oh shit." Sterling says behind me as he holds her, she's already weak. I could easily kill her. I love her, I can't. You can, you have to, she will destroy everything. You fucking know it. Kill her. Kill her. Kill the girl.

"Sterling." I grit. "Get her out of here, now." I tell him, my hands itching. It's hard to breathe, I'm sweating and my whole body tingles as I smell her. She has his blood inside of her, taunting me.

"What?" He asks, confused. His silver hair is pushed back and his piercing blue eyes studies me.

"Sterling, goddamnit, I'm going to kill her if you don't." Just trying to keep that side of me back when it comes out, it fucking hurts and it's exhausting. I try to breathe, I don't want to kill Scarlet I love her and I thought that problem had went away. I thought that it was all over but I guess not.

I don't want to kill Scarlet, I fucking love her but my body is rejecting her. The voice is telling me to kill her, to end this now. It only makes the devil and his son stronger to have her. I shouldn't risk everyone's lives just because I love her. I haven't heard the voice in for so long, I didn't think it would return.