𝙭𝙞𝙫. 𝙛𝙤𝙪𝙧𝙩𝙚𝙚𝙣

Chapter Fourteen.

I wasn't prepared for how intimate this would be, he holds me under the water and I rest my head on his bare chest. I don't know why it feels so wrong but so right, maybe it's the fact that someone who could end me is pressed against me like hugging death.

"I never seen a change so bad before." He tells me, removing my hair from my shoulders and running the strands under the water. "Scarlet, I'm sorry. I know this wasn't ideal." I feel his hand drop to my lower back, I stay silent. Why does he keep apologizing? I want this with him.

I can't believe I let him wash my hair and body, it seems cliche but I couldn't help but just enjoy his hands caressing me. Something in his voice sounds off like he isn't feeling the way he's acting deep down. I keep craving to be in his arms, several times he has to stop washing my back and hold me. I feel his heart beating against his chest as I rest my head over it to listen.

Dawson

What the fuck am I doing? I'm holding her in the shower. I knew I could easily fuck her, she has my blood in her but why was I holding back? Something about the way she innocently liked to stay in my arms did something to me. Guilt was eating me alive knowing what the next few days would hold.

Why does it bother you when you've done it a million times?

When the fuck did I become the type of guy to help a girl shower? The moment I saw her pale skin, dark bags and heard her unstable breaths I wasn't thinking of myself no more. All I needed was for her to be her normal self. I just wanted to help her.

I was worried about what was inside of her and what she was capable of doing to me. I didn't want to be vulnerable, I didn't want a relationship or to feel like this. I didn't understand what was going on with me, she just got here a few days ago and here I am being a fucking fool.

"Dawson," She hums next to me in bed. "Who was that girl?" I assume she's talking about Kyla. She looks up at me with a drunken look, her eyes linger on my face.

"Um, that's my ex. Don't listen to her and please try to avoid her. She's kind of -" I didn't want to make Kyla sound bad. I felt guilty about what I did to her. "She can act out in anger and possibly hurt you." I explain, knowing by heart how mean Kyla can be when she don't get her way.

Her mother and father spoiled that girl until she turned into a cold heartless brat. "What happened between you two?" I don't want to tell Scarlet what happened, she wouldn't trust me ever again.

"Just a break up, you know." I lie.

"Do you go to school?" She asks, I grin at how curious she's gotten.

"Yeah, I do. I train, go to school and practice like every other person." I clear my throat, the aching throb in my pants is not use to just laying with somebody. Normally I give them my blood and get what I want and it's killing me but apart of me admires it.

The next morning, she's asleep with a small smile on her face. I open her window, I glance at her one last time and notice something. I stroll towards her and gently grab her wrist, her bracelet is glowing. A light brims the V and I look at her face wondering what that means or why it's doing that.

I decide to leave it alone and I remove the spell from the door and hop onto her roof. I close the window and allow my wings to reveal themselves. With a single jump, I'm in the air. I got my wings from my mother, of course, she was an angel. I remember how Scarlet's eyes studied them in admiration, I never thought second about them. It was like having a second pair of arms in a way to me. Her looking at them with admiration made me notice how cool they was.

I plunge into my backyard. As I walk to back door, I'm startled when it opens. "Where have you been?" Kyla asks, crossing her arms. Her lengthy blonde waves is messy and I notice she's wearing my shirt.

"What are you doing in my house?" I already know, I walk past her and notice that everything is how I left it.

"I came to talk to you and noticed you was gone. Where was you?" She has an accusing glare, I shake my head.

"Nowhere." I lie, taking a seat on the couch.

She walks towards me and takes a seat next to me, tears brim her eyes. "I don't understand," She whines. "Why are you doing this?" I watch as she begins to cry, I've only seen the girl cry a few select times so it kind of throws me off.

"What are you-"

"Don't play dumb. I'm in love with you and you act like you can't even stand me." She slumps and covers her face, the guilt begins to eat at me. "You said you wanted me." She reminds me of all the lies I told her, causing me to curse mentally.

"Please, give me another chance."

The words sits heavy on my heart, it isn't her. It was just I never liked, loved or wanted her. I never felt anything for her. Now, she's sobbing and wanting to have something that will never strive or work and I don't think I can handle this right now. I recognize the look of determination in her eyes and nod.

"Okay," I sigh. "I'm just going to say this and these are my boundaries. Stop following me, learn boundaries. No more magic being used on me when you're angry. No more.. no more being mean to people." I make sure to emphasize the last rule, she looks pleased and wipes her tears.

"No," I make sure that she fucking understands. "If I even hear of that shit again, I will not fucking stay around and I'll use magic to where you forget fucking everything we were." I can't help but remember all the dreadful and shocking shit she did to the girls I was with previously before her. She was horrible.

She huffs, "I get it." She frowns. "They deserved it, they kept trying to get in the way." The fact that she's still trying to justify all the abuse she inflicted on others sickens me.

"No. They didn't deserve that. If I find you pulling that shit, I won't only leave you but I'll give you a taste of your own medicine." Her smile fades, eyes grow dark and she narrows them at me.

"Who are you protecting so much?" She's thinking and that's dangerous. It finally hits her and I watch as satisfaction pools in her big green eyes. "Scarlet.." She hums.

"No, I'm not just protecting her. I'm protecting everyone you've ever felt threatened by." I suddenly realize that if she improved, we wouldn't be having this conversation. "You know what-" I shake my head and she immediately knows I want to back out.

"Stop-" She grabs my hand and huffs. "Fine." She sounds almost worried. "I won't be fucking with any of them or her, but I don't want you around her because if you touch her or even speak to her again. It's free game." She winks and stands, halfway through the hall she peels my shirt off of her body.

It's a lure, I already know this. I actually think of what I just did, I'm fueling her. She's got what she wanted but maybe it will distract me from obsessing over a complete stranger I don't even know. A girl who I can't seem to stop thinking about or I can't seem to actually score with. I become a fumbling idiot who loses all years of practice only to fucking lay next to her.

I decide it's time to bury my frustration into Kyla and to move on. Knowing damn well, that moving on isn't an option.