𝙭𝙭𝙞𝙭. 𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

Chapter Twenty-Nine.

Dawson

I wake up to Scarlet's whimpers, she's sitting up and crying. I sit up and pull her face towards me, "Ow!" She cries, my face softens as she opens her mouth. Her fangs have come through and fuck they're big. These were always cute moments to watch, like a baby growing their first teeth.

"Jesus Christ, saber-tooth fucking tiger." I place my thumb on her right fang, they're extremely sharp and they come to a point. 

"Ow! No!" She pulls away like a pouting child and I can't help but adore her. She's so sensitive but strong.

"Baby, this happens. Come here." I pull her to where her head is laying in my lap. Her long hair fans out beneath her and she sniffles, her gums are bleeding quite a bit. Blood has gathered in the corners of her lips. "They're very large." I compliment, shrugging.

I release my fangs, dragging my thumb across the bottom of my left one. "Open," I tell her. She shakes her head no, "Open up, Scarlet." I scold her like a child and she opens her mouth as tears run down the side of her face. I hate to see her in pain, it's like it eats me up on the inside and causes me to lose my mind. I know this is something as simple as her fangs coming in but I don't like the way she hurts.

I rub my blood gently along her gums and she looks up at me with her large eyes. I can't help but to laugh, she frowns. "Wha-" She murmurs, not being able to talk with my finger in her mouth.

"They're just so fucking big." She looks a little funny but adorable.

She blushes. "Don't worry, girls have bigger fangs than us guys," I tell her, trying to be casual. "It's just yours seems to be the largest of the girls." She kicks her feet in frustration and I watch as they contract back into her mouth. I grab the trash can and let her spit out the remaining blood.

"Are they ugly?" She asks, pushing her hair from her face.

"You could have two mammoth tusks and you wouldn't be ugly." I pull her to me and kiss her lips, suddenly I hear a car door shut from outside. "Oh fuck." I quickly get out of the bed, she looks confused, and then she realizes Kyla was threatening to come at any moment.

We both run downstairs and right when I get to the door, it's pulled open by the angry blonde. "You fucking asshole!" She yells, she slaps me in the face and I'm not expecting Scarlet to come from behind me, her fist connects with Kyla's nose. The force causes me to cringe, Kyla's head flies back and she hits the ground.

She looks at Scarlet shocked, she's holding her nose that pours blood. I'm in shock, the commotion causes Lennox to step out of his room. "You fucking bitch!" Kyla stands, I try to grab Scarlet but Kyla uses her powers to knock Scarlet into the air.

Scarlet hits the floor in the living room and groans softly, I run to her and I want to run through the stupid bitch. "Scarlet, baby. Get up." Kyla is entering the house, her eyes have pure fire in them.

"Son, let them deal with this," Lennox yells, pulling me away from Scarlet as she gets up.

"It's all my fault." I don't want Scarlet fighting and risking getting hurt just because I fucked up and fucked with the wrong bitch.

Scarlet opens her eyes and they're solid black, this throws Kyla off, she takes a step back. "What the fuck?" Her face softens in curiosity, Scarlet's fangs reveal themselves which makes her look even more intimidating.

"Hey-" Augustus randomly walks in with a smile on his face. I'm assuming they came together. His eyes land on Kyla and Scarlet. "Nope." He turns to walk out of the cabin. Suddenly all the doors slam shuts and locks. "I've seen this on Carrie-." Augustus tries to run up the stairs but it's like something grabs his foot and pulls him down the staircase. He groans softly and looks at me.