𝙞𝙭. 𝙣𝙞𝙣𝙚

Chapter Nine.

We sit in the living room, the solid black couch is more modern than what I would expect. My mother comes in, she's wearing more casual clothes now and she holds three bottles of B Positive blood. It comes in a bottle similar to the Starbucks bottle, it has a label that says B Positive.

It seems legit and then I realize, The Towers must sell blood in bottles like humans sell soda in bottles. My mom hands me the cool bottle and I twist the metal cap.

"What do you want to know?" My mom asks, taking a seat next to my father. She sits with her knees tucked underneath her, her large plush sweater swallowing her whole.

I think of what I want to know but I want to know everything. "I guess let's start from the beginning." I tell them, drinking the thick blood.

They look at each other, silently having a conversation once again I bet. My father decides to take the beginning.

He sits up and sighs. "I'm going to start with your birth." He tells me. "Me and your mother purposely went to the human world. We wanted to meet a good couple and get to know them so we felt comfortable giving them our child." He tells me, looking at mom.

"We knew we wanted a baby so we began to try after we met Ronny and Faya." His green round eyes stares right though the wall in front of him. "We knew they was good people, they was financially stable, they had good hearts." He clears his throat.

A sudden look of sadness washes over my mother, she pushes her thick luscious brown hair out of her eyes. "We also chose them because they wasn't capable of having children of their own. They would be more probable of accepting our child because they yearned for one." It sounds a little cruel, I understand but suddenly I miss my other mother. I yearn for her and I wonder if she can feel it. Even though I know she can't, a part of it makes me feel better if I believe she can.

"Too, we wanted them to experience a child as well." I nod, listening.

"You was born at our home in the human world, one of our medics came and helped us. Once you was born, we explained to Ronny and Faya and they accepted you immediately." He shrugs, taking a swig from the bottle of blood.

"The beginning is not much of a story, it did hurt us. It killed me handing you over. I would dream of you every night, I would check in on you and it would hurt because here you was growing into a young woman without me." My mom looks suddenly tired, my father throws his arm around her and I study them both.

"You did what you had too." I ease her mind. "Why did I have to wait until I was eighteen to see you?" This was a big question I had for them.

"I know it seems too late but you are a baby in our age. You're still young and wreckless. You had to wait simply because at this age you've matured and you're more capable of being able to learn more quickly." She explains, I can see how that makes sense.

"If we was to bring in a sixteen year old, they could possibly kill us all because they're incapable of controlling themselves." My father gives the shocking example, I almost can't believe it.

I'm considered an adult in the human world but I'm a baby here in The Towers. I find that weird but it did make sense. It made more since actually than the original explanation.

I take a moment to process everything, they have a way of explaining it better than everyone else. "Actually, Van Doren is the second strongest bloodline. The first is the Queen of course. That's why we live in this big house," My mom motions around her.