𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙫𝙞. 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙨𝙞𝙭 | ✓

xxxvi. thirty six
──── ⋅◈⋅ ────

I LAY THERE SILENT, gently pulling the covers to hide my body. Sterling dresses and talks lowly to Dawson, I almost feel sick. I have way too much adrenaline and excitement coursing through me, suddenly bile rises in the back of my throat, and with cat-like reflexes, I turn and empty my stomach into a trash can.

"Oh shit." I hear Sterling, I feel two hands pull my hair out of my face. "Are you okay-" It begins to come faster and more consistent. God, I hate vomiting.

Dawson runs his hands over my back. "Fuck, I am so sorry." His voice fills with concern and I just close my eyes.

"Did we do that? Did we hurt her?" Sterling gently cups my chin and makes me look up at him. "If you need-"

"No," Dawson intervenes. "She's not consuming your blood." He growls, I'm too weak to tell him to calm down.

"Okay," Sterling says softly, giving Dawson a reassuring look. "Her eyes are still black." He studies my face, I lay my head on the edge of the bed.

"They do that." Dawson pulls me closer to him protectively and I just lay there. "Scarlet, talk to us." I huff and roll my eyes.

"I'm okay, I'm just - It was a lot." I pull the cover off my body, not caring that I'm naked.

I don't know how long I stay in the shower, that was the most intense and indescribable feeling I had ever felt. Just when I thought I couldn't become any weaker, Dawson steps in. He's in front of me with his back turned to me, I sit with my knees to my chest, his body is so beautiful.

It's like the bodies that they create for statues that resemble gods, truly a piece of art. He turns to me and kneels, "Did you enjoy that?" He studies me.

"Mhm, " I frantically nod. The power from two humans was a lot, the power from two Incubus hybrids? I couldn't describe what I was feeling, it was an overwhelming wave of power.

"Promise me something." He cups my chin, his oceanic blue eyes assessing my body. "You never have sex with him unless we arrange it." I nod, of course.

⋘ ──── ∗ ⋅◈⋅ ∗ ──── ⋙

As I lay down, I open my laptop and notice I've received my scores for my assignments. I check my grades and so far I'm managing a roll of beautiful A's. "Have you done any of your schoolwork?" I ask Dawson, running the pad of my thumb against the pearl.

"No, " He plops down and I study him.

"You need to, it's really important-"

He chuckles and looks at me, he has a beautiful smile and I can't help but blush a little at the fact that I kiss those lips. "Are you one of those girls who has to do good in school?" He props himself up on one elbow.

"This is important for me, I want to become something important for us." I refer to The Towers, there's a knock on the bedroom door. I see Lennox peek his head in, his wild grey hair all over the place.

"I come with bad news." He tells us, closing the doors. "I'm afraid while your parents and I was scoping the area that we found footprints. "Your father said that it was a scent of one of the soldiers, their scent is very unique." My heart plummets to the gates of hell.

Just like that my safe place isn't a safe place. I'm still

"What do we do?" Dawson stands, walking to the window. He locks it and peers out into the night, the pouring rain making it hard to see.