𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙞. 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙤𝙣𝙚 | ✓

Chapter Thirty-One.

Dawson

I've never been so angry before in my fucking life, that motherfucker had it coming in the worst way possible. I can't stop walking back and forth outside the room, suddenly her parents burst through the room in sync with one another. "Is she okay?" Her mother cries, immediately the question sends me over and I can't be here. I leave them all standing and go upstairs.

Kyla begins to explain everything and I don't even have it in me to explain how weird it is. The motherfucker put his hands on her, beat her and her ripped shirt made me think he was going to rape her. I can't get the image out of my head, her looking like she's on the brink of death. To know someone hurt her like that was just too fucking much. I didn't have the patience right now with Scarlet's parents, I can't even look at their faces because if I didn't say the shit I said, she would've stayed.

I pace around the room, I feel like screaming. I've never fucking felt pain like that not even the fucking transfer was as bad as knowing a man hurt her. I wasn't there and I should've been. Suddenly, the door opens and Scarlet's mother comes into the room. She's studying me nervously as she cries, she looks identical to Scarlet just older.

"Honey, it's not your fault." She waves me towards her, I almost can't believe this. She nods, I stand and walk towards her and as soon as her arms wrap around me I lose my shit.

"I'm so sorry, I should've been out there with her. I would've ripped his heart out, I would've-" I wish she was Scarlet right now, so I could tell her how sorry I was.

"I know, it's a lot to take in. We knew something was going on just not this." She motions around her. "She's a good girl, she was just trying to help but it seems some fucking poor bastard wants to send grown men to kill an eighteen-year-old girl." The fury in her eyes goes noticed, she seems to be extremely pissed off.

"Who could it be?" I ask her. If Van Doren's have been through hell, then maybe if they have an idea of who it could be.

She wipes her tears. "Son, we're fucking Van Doren's, everyone wants a piece. Come on," She waves me downstairs and I follow her. I like her mom, she's cool and full of fire, just like Scarlet.

I stand in awe as pots and pans busts around the kitchen while worrying about her daughter she's cooking with her powers. Her father eyes me, he's been crying. "Have you spoken to her?" Scarlet's mother, Veronica I believe her name is, asks Vincent. Everyone knows Vincent Van Doren, he's a large role model for a lot of the males here.

He nods. "She's on her way." I'm not for sure who they're talking about. I realize that if Kyla didn't go outside to get Scarlet that Scarlet would probably be dead or worse. I walk towards her and Augustus, he gives me a sad smile and Kyla turns her head and studies me.

"Thank you-" I can't even finish because she starts crying.

Once again, this girl doesn't cry a lot. "It was horrible, in any other sense, I would've run through a pervert like him but it just shocked me. He was on top of her and-" She pauses, Augustus brings her into him and I see red I get so angry. The details never fail to piss me the fuck off.

Vincent and Veronica come towards us, interested. "Can you please tell us exactly what you saw?" Veronica takes a seat in front of them. I decide to inform them of what happened with the first encounter.

"I guess before I came out he was hitting her because the side of her face was blue and swollen," Kyla's words send anger through Vincent and I can tell because he stiffens. Veronica continues to cry, this time she seems helpless. "He was on top of her and when I screamed he took off but-" She shakes her head and I hear a car door shut.