𝙭𝙭𝙭𝙫𝙞𝙞𝙞. 𝙩𝙝𝙞𝙧𝙩𝙮 𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩 | ✓

xxxviii. thirty eight
──── ⋅◈⋅ ────

WHEN I COME TO, everything has changed. "Zeke." I cry out, he protectively pulls me into him and glare at the men. They're all staring at us with wide eyes.

"What have you done boy?!" One of the men screams. "Do you know what you just did?" He asks, studying me in bewilderment.

Zeke smirks at him. "I do, I know exactly what I just did." He pushes me behind him, handing me my clothes and I get dressed at the edge of the cliff.

"You've doomed us all." One of the men snarls like an animal, once I'm dressed I study them from behind Zeke.

"The girl is specifically meant to be taken back to our lord, how will he feel when he knows you decided to have a little fucking wedding with her?" Wedding? Zeke just married me? My heart begins to race and I lay my head against his shoulder, I can't help but smile.

"She's mine now, tell my father if he wants her he can come and try to take her," Zeke smirks, next thing I know he's no longer next to me but next to the man closest to us. He channels his speed and before I know it, he stands in front of me. The men dropping to their knees behind him, choking on their blood.

I watch as one claw at his throat, a chunk missing. I don't even know how to process what I just witnessed, I look at his hand that's covered in blood. Splatters of blood along his cheek, chest, and torso causes me to exhale nervously. "That's six down." He's so bad, I jump into his arms and he holds me up with one arm.

"Their blood does nothing but hurt you." He studies his hand, I bite my lip. "Is the one that hurt you in that group?" He asks me, motioning to the six dead men that lay limp on the rocks.

I step outside the circle and study each face, none of them is the man that attacked me. He comes behind me and wraps his arms around my waist, "I love you, no one will ever hurt you again." He reassures me, I feel safe and content in his arms.

How did I not notice he was my home before?

"The ritual seems to be working well on you." His solid black eyes peer into mine. "Come on, we need to get far away." I hold his hand, only feeling safe when he's touching me.

"How do you feel about Dawson?" He glances back at me, suddenly I feel like I've forgotten something. I grow confused.

"Uhm, I hope he's well but-"

"Do you still care for him? Do you want him to fuck you?" He casually asks, he keeps walking with both of our bags on his back.

Dawson. The angel hybrid. I know we had a history of fucking but I feel nothing for him like I do Zeke. I can't even remember all of our encounters.

DAWSON

Katie covers her mouth and begins to cry. "He's soul bonded with her." She opens her eyes and I don't know what that means but it sounds fucking serious.

Everyone drops their head. "What does that mean?" It's been a few hours since they've left and I've kept Katie on top of Scarlet this whole time. I can't let her go. I just fucking can't.

"I believe he's manipulated her. He is the son of Satan, he has done a soul-bonding ritual that will tie Scarlet and him together for life." Veronica gasps for air and Vincent pulls her into him. "She-" She pauses and looks at me. "My apologies, but it's like her memory of loving you is gone."

"No, that can't be." Kyla takes a seat. "There is something we can do. There has to be. She's still alive, this can be stopped!" Her voice breaks. "Once he has her he can use her for anything, they have ultimate power. He could use her against us and her do it because she's devoted to him now."