»37«

━━━━━━━━━━━

I didn't know that the good ones existed until i lost one.

━━━━━━━━━━━

"Are they okay?" I asked Somi as i pressed the loud speaker button and placed my phone on the table as i washed the raw chicken for dinner.

"Yeah, some of them managed to calm down.." Somi sighed as I frowned and hummed.

"Seems like you're not sure." I raised a brow as i fanned my hands. Another sigh was heard at the other line.

"They literally need a shot every 5 or 12 hours! They can't calm down for even 2-3 hours or so! and sometimes they would even threaten the guards! As much as we need you here you have to stay and rest." Somi exclaimed as i froze.

'I can't just let them suffer there!'

"I'm going tomorrow." I deadpanned as i ended the call before i get a response. I started marinating the chicken.

And As much as i need to rest, i can't.. I'm sorry Somi but they're my top priority here.

Next Morning..

"Y/n?" Somi frowned as she rubbed her sleepy eyes before closing the dumpster she just opened to throw her empty coffee cup.

"Good morning to you too." I smiled as i locked my car before kissing her cheek, she froze and blinked a few times. "How's your hand?" I looked down at her bandaged hand that got injured just by punching two men.

================

Y/n shrieked as was about to pull her with them when Somi grabbed y/n and pulled her behind her before throwing punched to the two as they fell down, Somi hissed as she held her fist, blood dripped down as i shrieked.

"Somi! You're--!"

"I'm okay!" She curved a small smile before looking back down at them and gripped their throats, slightly choking them. "Now, are you going to do this again?" She warned them as they both shook their heads. "Good, now go.." She added.

The two quickly stood up and ran away as Somi sighed and looked down at the blood on her fist.

"What kind of face do they have? Iron or something?" Somi bit her lip as i sighed and shook my head before grabbing her inside as Somi worriedly trailed behind us.

================

"Still hurts but i can handle it.. BUT, WHAT ARE YOU DOING HERE?!" She shrieked and panicked as i walked ahead with her trailing behind me, i chuckled.

"What else? I'm going to work, Somi." I smiled at the receptionist before taking my attendance as we entered the elevator.

"But-! It's your day off! You should be resting! Not working!" She shook her head at the same time as i sighed.

"I can't rest when i'm not working, Somi." I shook my head as we arrived at the office, i wore my coat before placing my bag on the desk as i fixed my hair.

"You can't work when you're not working but you're tired and overworking!" Somi exclaimed as i shook my head.

"I'm tired and overworking but i can't rest when i'm working! Because, all my thoughts are in here and if i don't work i'll get worried and anxious and never get better." I smiled sarcastically before entering the large steel door as i left her dumbfounded.