Chapter 70

Another book cover by imabarbieegirlx
🥺 love it as well💚

Also, what's the favorite fruit of yall?🤔 cause I'm really craving watermelon rn

The bright light of the moon broke through the blinds of the guests room and made sure that its sihlouettes were thrown on to the opposite wall

Every now and then a vehicle drove past the gang's headquarters, warmly illuminating my surroundings for a brief moment.

With tired eyes I stared at the ceiling, watching the shadow play while frustratedly pressing my lips together and burying my fingernails in the palms of my hands.
I hadn't been aware of the actual time for a while now, but it didn't really matter.

I was just waiting for the first rays of sunrise, hoping to see a new morning dawn soon.
Unfortunately I didn't know that I still had many hours to go before this wish would finally come true.

I groaned gloomily and rubbed my lids in exhaustion, the bags under my eyes already perceptible.
I just wanted to sleep, I really did, but I couldn't bring myself to do so.
On the one hand, because I was afraid to have another one of my nightmares right in NCT's headquarters.

The thought of bursting into tears and rage in the home of the enemy made me shudder to the core.

On the other hand, even though the bullet earlier had only grazed the side of my hip, the pain was still quite distressing.
The surprisingly professionally treated wound made me feel like I was burning from the inside out while I was desperately drilling my fingernails into my skin, in order to distract myself from the horrible pain.
I couldn't imagine how Renjun must be suffering because of his leg right now.

I continued to stare silently at the ceiling, when suddenly a wooden knocking at the door could be heard, my heart literally dropping down to my pants by the unexpected sound.

Before I could say anything, the door already opened a crack before I was blinded by the lightfrom outside seconds later. I instinctively protected my eyes with my hand and tried to match the black sihlouette at the other end of the room with someone I know.

"You're still awake?" Donghyuck's familiar voice then sounded, which had a surprisingly gentle and calm effect on me.

"Yeah..." I replied hesitantly.

All the thoughts with which had bothered me the last few hours gradually fell into oblivion as the older stepped into the room not a moment later, letting the door fall shut right behind him.

I unconsciously chewed on my lip as I followed the outlines of his figure, that was carefully trying to find its way towards me despite the darkness.
It didn't take long before the brunette arrived and sat down on the edge of the bed with me.