16

"Lock it, lock it" Scott shouts.

"Do I look like I have a key?" Stiles snaps.

"Grab something"

"What?" Stiles asks.

"Anything"

Stiles looks out of the window at the pair of bolt cutters that were lay on the ground.

"No"

"Yes"

"No Stiles don't," Scott says.

Scott watches Stiles, his eyes flickering between both of his best friends. One incredibly stupid one and one incredibly traumatized one.

"STILES COME BACK STILES" Scott shouts, spotting the Alpha.

Stiles quickly makes his way inside before jamming the door with bolt cutters.

"Where is it?" Scott asks. "Where'd it go? That won't hold will it?"

"Probably not," Stiles says, helping Faline to her feet before pulling the girl into a run when a loud howl echoes through the halls.

Stiles pulls Faline into a classroom, the girl hadn't made a sound since they had entered the building. There were tear stains on her cheeks as she watches mutely.

"Desk," Stiles says before quickly stopping Scott. "The door's not gonna keep it out"

"I know"

"It's your boss," Faline says, her voice breaking.

"What?" Scott asks.

"Deaton, the Alpha?" Stiles says. "Your boss"

"No," Scott says.

"Yes, murdering psycho werewolf," Stiles says.

"That can't be," Scott says.

"Oh come on," Faline says. "He disappears and that thing shows up ten seconds later and-"

"It tosses Derek twenty feet through the air?" Stiles continues. "That's not convenient timing?"

"It's not him," Scott says.

"He killed Derek, Scott," Faline says.

"No. Derek's not dead. He can't be dead" Scott says.

"Blood spurted out of his mouth, okay?" Stiles says. "That doesn't exactly qualify as a minor injury. He's dead and we're next"

"What do we do?" Scott asks.

"We get to my jeep, we get out of here," Stiles says. "You seriously think about quitting your job, good?"

Scott begins to pull at the window.

"They don't open," Faline says. "The school's climate-controlled"

Faline pushes her loose strands of hair back harshly, her stress at the situation they were in was beginning to show.

"We should break the window," Scott says.

"Which will make a lot of noise," Stiles says.

"Then we run really fast," Scott says. "Really fast"

Faline moves next to Scott and looks out the window.

"Stiles," Faline says. "What's wrong with the hood of your jeep?"

"What do you mean?" Stiles asks. "Nothing's wrong"

"It's bent," Scott says.

"Like, dented?" Stiles asks.

"No, we mean bent," Faline says.