Childhood Promise

"You will be my princess alright?! Once we're old enough I'll come find you in Beika City and marry you~!"

"But I'm a guy! Shouldn't I be a prince?"

"Ehhh I'm already the prince so of course you'll be my princess!!"

"I bet you'll just forget about this but you promise alright?"

"Yup!! Shin-chan will be my bride!"

It was a childish promise but Shinichi held that close to his heart, even though he knows that the boy in his memories will never be able to fulfill that promise. As years passed by, he gradually forgot the identity of the boy but he can still remember the promise that was made clearly. Soon, that memorable summer with the mysterious boy ended and 15 years had passed by without meeting one another other than that day.

***

"Ya really scary ya know, Kudo. Megure-keibu must've been right, yer probably cursed or somethin'! I mean, we just went out for 5 minutes and a case landed in front of yer feet, literally I might add!"

"Baro (idiot),  things such as curses doesn't exist and I only just happened to stumble upon them alright? Pure coincidence!" Shinichi protest as he looked blankly at the Osaka detective, who still didn't believed that he's not curse, beside him as they made their way back to his house after solving a murder case near the Cafe they were just in earlier. After graduation, Shinichi had became busier than ever since he had officially became a private detective and already has his own agency in Tokyo. 

His time as Edogawa Conan ended when they successfully took down the Black Organization 4 years ago and was able to make an antidote that'll permanently return him back to being Kudou Shinichi. Of course he didn't do it alone, his fated rival, Kaitou Kid, helped along with the FBI and CIA. It was all over the news about how the Phantom Thief helped that his charges were put aside, It is also revealed how he helped but as Kudo Shinichi. It wasn't revealed to the public about how he shrunk into a child; he only told Ran, his childhood friend, the Detective Boys, and a few of his close friends that he made as Edogawa Conan.

Despite the Black Organization being taken down and being back to his old life, he still feels like something is missing.. something he missed as Edogawa Conan and doesn't mind doing it until now. Yes, it was his time with a Phantom Thief under the moonlight, Kaitou Kid. The thrill he feels whenever he decodes a note Kid sent, the adrenaline of chasing him down and their usual duo on top of the rooftop, and sometimes giving each other a hand when one of them are in danger and even worked together a few times in some dangerous cases. He had to admit, sometimes he enjoys their small conversations, it feels like he got to talked with the person under the identity of Kaitou Kid, it's never personal but.. he had fun.

"Thinkin' about that Thief again aren't ya? Kudo." Heiji snapped him back to reality as he gave the Osaka Detective a look. Even if Shinichi denies it, Heiji knew who's currently occupying his mind. The distant look on his face, his eyes wandering around when he caught a glimpse of something white, he knows that the detective missed the phantom thief. He doesn't really care if his best friend likes guys, I mean as he says Love is Love, whatever the gender is though it's still not confirm if his best friend had fallen for the thief.

"Ya don't need to deny it ya know, it's already been...how long? 4 years since the last ya saw each other." 

"It's not that I want to think about him, he just...suddenly pops out of my mind out of nowhere.." Shinichi mutters as he sighed. It was bothering him whenever he thinks of Kid, is he alright? did he obtain the jewel he's looking for or did he gave up since the organization doesn't exist anymore? Will he.. meet him again?.. It was really out of character how the thief he used to chased around is now the only thing he thinks about. Did he perhaps harbor some feelings for the thief even if its just an infatuation? Possible.