43

Stiles pulls into the parking lot with Scott and Faline in the car.

"There's got to be some other tickets, right?"

"It's a secret show. There's only one way and it's a secret" Stiles says.

"I have a ticket," Faline says.

"Hey," Matt says. "Either of you guys know why no one's getting suspended after what happened the other day at school?"

"Just forget about it. Nobody got hurt" Stiles says.

"I had a concussion," Matt says and Faline rolls her eyes.

"Well nobody got seriously hurt"

"I was in the ER for six hours,"

"Hey, do you want to know the truth, Matt?" Stiles says. "Your little bump on the head is about this high on our list of problems right now"

Stiles leans down so his hand is almost touching the pavement and Faline smirks.

"Are you okay?" Scott asks.

"Yeah I'm fine now," Matt says. "So you didn't get any tickets last night either?"

"Are they still selling?"

"No, but I managed to find two online," Matt says. "You should keep trying. Sounds like everyone's going to be there. I'll see you at the rave Faline"

"Bye," Faline says.

"You're going with Matt?" Scott asks.

"Well, I thought that if he was evil," Faline says. "That I would find out at the rave"

"I don't like him," Stiles says. "Are you sure about this?"

"Last time, whoever's controlling Jackson had to kill somebody because he didn't finish the job," Scott says. "So what do you think he's going to do this time?"

"Be there to make sure it happens" Stiles says.

"That is actually quite smart for you Scott," Faline says. "I'm proud of you"

Faline sits with Scott and Stiles in the locker room.

"Are you sure about going with Matt?" Stiles asks.

"I have my powers" Faline whispers. "If not I carry pepper spray in my purse if I go out at night"

"Can anybody tell me where the hell Jackson is and why he missed morning practice?" Coach asks. "Michaels?"

Faline shrugs.

"I thought I told you to keep an eye on him," Stiles says to Scott.

"Stilinski! Jackson?"

"Sorry coach. I haven't seen him since the last time I saw him" Stiles says.

"Oh, and when was that?" Coach asks.

"The last time I saw him was definitely the time I saw him last," Stiles says.

"Again," Coach says. "Danny tell Jackson no missing practice this close to the championships, okay?"

"Sure coach," Danny says.

"That goes for all of you," Coach says. "I should be coaching college"

"I don't care what anyone says," Faline says. "Coach will always be my favorite teacher"

"MICHAELS"

Faline jumps.

"You just got an A in my class"

"But coach she averages at an A star," Stiles says.

"Even better" Coach says.

"Sorry but I only got two myself," Danny says.

"Do you even have a date yet?" Stiles asks.

"I'm working on it," Danny says.

"Okay, okay," Stiles says. "Hear me out. You give us your tickets and you devote your life to abstinence and just-"

Isaac grabs Scott and Stiles.

"How do you two losers even survive?" Isaac asks, looking between them.

"They have me," Faline says.

"What are we supposed to do? No one's even selling" Scott says.

"You know what?" Faline says. "I didn't want to have to do this but you two are pushing my last nerve. Wait here boys"

Faline takes off her jacket to reveal a lacy crop top. Faline walks over to the boy who had two tickets in her hand and they begin to talk.

Faline giggles at something he says, twirling her hair around her finger. Faline places her hand on the boy's arm as she fakes another giggle.

"You are so funny," Faline says.

After two minutes Faline returns with two tickets in her hand.

"Enjoy the show," Isaac says. "I know I did"

"You're a pig," Faline says and Isaac smirks before walking away. 

Faline, Stiles, and Scott walk into the animal clinic together and are greeted by Deaton.

"Ketamine?" Scott asks.

"It's the same stuff we use on dogs, just a higher dosage," Deaton says. "If you can get close enough to Jackson, it should slow him down enough to buy you some time. This is some of what you'll use to create the barrier. This part is for you, Stiles. Only you"

"Uh, that sounds like a lot of pressure," Stiles says. "Can we maybe find a slightly less pressure-filled task for me?"

"It's from the mountain ash tree," Deaton says. "Which is believed by many cultures to protect against the supernatural. This office is lined with ash wood, making it difficult for someone like Scott to cause me any trouble"

"What about witches?" Faline asks.

"They're immune to it," Deaton says. "Never have figured out why"

"Okay, so then what?" Stiles asks. "I just spread this around the whole building and then neither Jackson nor whoever's controlling him can't cross it?"

"They'll be trapped," Deaton says.

"Doesn't sound too hard" Scott says.

"Not all there is," Deaton says. "Think of it like gunpowder. It's just powder until a spark ignites it. You need to be that spark, Stiles"

"If you mean light myself on fire, I don't think I'm up for that" Stiles says.

"Let me try a different analogy," Deaton says, amusement clear on his face. "I used to golf. I learned that the best golfers never swing before first imagining where they want the ball to go. They see it in their mind and their mind takes over. It can be pretty extraordinary what the force of your own will can accomplish"

"Force of will," Stiles says.

Hey if this is going to work Stiles" Deaton says. "You have to believe it"

"Like Peter Pan" Faline says.

"Yes," Deaton says.

Stiles takes a deep breath in before making a noise.

"Hmm,"